Shocking but true, the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. The average driver in Nebraska can save $388 each year, but they just don’t want to compare rate quotes.
The easiest way to get budget Acura NSX insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers in Lincoln.
- Try to comprehend how companies set rates and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like getting speeding tickets and a bad credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for additional tips to help prevent costly coverage and find possible discounts that are available.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View prices
- Compare the quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One piece of advice is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Cheap car insurance in Lincoln, NE
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Lincoln, NE. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Nebraska, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the things that help determine the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower rates.
More miles equals more premium – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you will pay for insurance. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your NSX is throwing money out the window. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating states how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Gender and car insurance – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but guys have costlier accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
Raising comp and collision deductibles lowers prices – The deductibles you choose define how much you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Driving citations hurt – Your driving citation history has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single driving citation may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. People who have serious violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
Don’t cancel your policy without a new one in place – Not maintaining insurance is against the law and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you fines or a revoked license.
Cars with good safety ratings save money – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Acura NSX scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Multiple policies with one company can save – Lots of insurance companies will give a discount to people who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Car insurance policy discounts for Acura NSX insurance in Lincoln
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Telematics Discount – Lincoln drivers who agree to allow data collection to look at driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with one insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- College Student – College-age children who are attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your overall premium however.
If you would like to view insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Lincoln, click here to view.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Lincoln insurance agency
Some consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for small agencies is important especially in Lincoln.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Lincoln who will return price quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
When researching a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Lincoln can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparison shopping, you need to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Featured below are Lincoln independent agents who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Solid Ground Insurance LLC
6000 South 58th Street Suite C – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 420-7654 – View Map
- UNICO Group
1128 Lincoln Mall #200 – Lincoln, NE 68508 – (402) 434-7200 – View Map
- Mittelstadt Agency LLC
1701 K St – Lincoln, NE 68508 – (402) 434-3990 – View Map
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following are Lincoln exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Raymond Thielen
4949 N 26th St c – Lincoln, NE 68521 – (402) 435-5757 – View Map
- Paul Johnson – State Farm Insurance Agent
5533 S 27th St #204 – Lincoln, NE 68512 – (402) 420-2288 – View Map
- Nicole Simon – State Farm Insurance Agent
4400 S 70th St #130 – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 483-4441 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Lincoln?
Best auto insurance in Nebraska
Picking the right car insurance provider is hard considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Lincoln. The ranking information shown next may help you decide which providers to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Quote more to save more
People change insurance companies for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare Acura NSX insurance premium rates in Lincoln. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Lincoln auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for College Graduates in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)