If you are new to getting Lincoln auto insurance quotes online, it’s easy to get baffled by the vast number of online companies who all claim to have the lowest rates for Audi A7 insurance in Lincoln.
Regrettably, the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Nebraska drivers could save approximately 30% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
It’s a great practice to do price comparisons as often as possible because auto insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best price on Audi A7 insurance in Lincoln two years ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. There is a lot of wrong information about A7 insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you some tested techniques to lower your auto insurance bill.
If you already have coverage, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas covered in this article. Getting quotes for cheaper coverage in Lincoln can be fairly easy. But Nebraska consumers can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies determine how much to charge because it varies considerably.
Cheap companies for Audi A7 insurance in Nebraska
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Nebraska. To buy cheap auto insurance in Nebraska, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Don’t overlook these Audi A7 insurance discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Memberships – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable their auto insurance company to spy on their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used A7 is cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Lincoln auto insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The best auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, driver’s education, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO offers discounts for good student, daytime running lights, driver training, multi-policy, anti-theft, and emergency military deployment.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century may include discounts for teen driver, driver training, automatic seat belts, good student, theft prevention, and air bags.
- American Family includes discounts for multi-vehicle, air bags, accident-free, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for anti-theft, driver training, bundle, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, good student, good driver, pay-in-full, multi-car, and anti-theft.
If you are trying to find affordable Lincoln auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Lincoln. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in Lincoln, click here to view.
Eight Tips to Get Cheap Lincoln Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the rating factors that help calculate your auto insurance rates. If you know what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower rates. Many different elements are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
Drive a fast car and pay more – The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Lower cost passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Choose high NHTSA crash test ratings and save – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If your Audi A7 is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
You may save more by bundling policies – The majority of auto insurance companies will give lower prices to insureds that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still compare other Lincoln A7 insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Vehicle theft costs us all – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop vehicle theft.
Good credit means lower rates – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit. If your credit score is low, you may save money insuring your Audi A7 by improving your rating.
Pay lower costs after the wedding – Having a spouse actually saves money when shopping for auto insurance. It means you’re more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Pay more out-of-pocket – Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, or theft of your vehicle. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
Liability coverage is critical – Liability coverage kicks in in the event that you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Audi A7 insurance loss data – Auto insurance companies use past insurance losses to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for Audi A7 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage values above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A7 4dr 4WD||207||76||208||50||49||76|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agents can help
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. You are unique so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Does my Audi A7 qualify for pleasure use?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Audi A7?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Local Lincoln insurance agencies
Some consumers just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agents is definitely important in Lincoln.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Lincoln that can give you free Lincoln auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Car insurance policy providers are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you need to get quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a list of independent agents in Lincoln that may be able to give price quote information.
- Union Agency Inc
4719 Prescott Ave – Lincoln, NE 68506 – (402) 810-7582 – View Map
- Mid Mex Insurance Inc
1010 South St A – Lincoln, NE 68502 – (402) 438-6800 – View Map
- Brokers Insurance
3325 A St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 434-0480 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are exclusive agents in Lincoln who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Karen Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
233 N 48th St o – Lincoln, NE 68504 – (402) 434-6050 – View Map
- John Curry – State Farm Insurance Agent
4640 Champlain Dr #121 – Lincoln, NE 68521 – (402) 477-8383 – View Map
- State Farm – Lincoln – Steve Lang
1401 N 66th St Suite 206 – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 467-2272 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Lincoln?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Lincoln?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
If you get acceptable answers for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy. But keep in mind it’s your policy and you can cancel your policy any time you want so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with the car insurance policy for the full policy term.
Find cheap auto insurance prices by comparing often
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to shop for Audi A7 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Lincoln can be sourced on the web and with local Lincoln insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
Steps to finding discount Audi A7 insurance in Lincoln
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who sell insurance in Lincoln. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations and a bad credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Lincoln. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available in these articles:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)