To save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from companies who provide car insurance in Lincoln.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as careless driving and a poor credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to your new agent or company. When you receive it, keep your new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The most important part of this process is that you use identical coverage information on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
A recent study showed that most auto insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in Lincoln could cut their rates by roughly 30% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Lincoln is really not that difficult. In essence, every vehicle owner who carries insurance will probably be able to find better rates. Although Nebraska drivers need to learn how the larger insurance companies determine prices.
Companies offering Ford Freestar insurance in Nebraska
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Lincoln, NE. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Nebraska, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Get lower-cost rates on Ford Freestar insurance in Lincoln with these discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Freestar insurance in Lincoln.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better prices.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Lincoln and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Student Discounts – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safe driver, multi-car, anti-theft, safe driver, drive less, teen safety rewards, and accident prevention training.
- American Family has savings for bundled insurance, accident-free, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, good student, TimeAway discount, and early bird.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, claim-free, good student, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for federal employee, anti-theft, daytime running lights, good student, military active duty, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include vehicle fuel type, air bag, bundle, driver training, and defensive driver.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Lincoln. For a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Nebraska, click here.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Rates
Many different elements are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in cheaper rates.
Vocation stress can make you pay more – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers like judges, architects, and dentists usually pay higher rates than average in part from high stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, occupations like professors, athletes and homemakers receive lower rates.
Your age impacts your prices – Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be inattentive when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers.
When should you not file claims? – Companies in Nebraska give most affordable rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you file a lot of claims you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Men pay more for insurance coverage – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both cause accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Getting married can save on auto insurance – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates compared to being single. Having a significant other usually means you are more financially stable and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Never let your auto insurance lapse – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse will be a guaranteed way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Nebraska DMV.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people would rather have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Lincoln who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Lincoln?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When researching a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents are contracted to one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are trained well in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are Lincoln exclusive agents who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. If you need lower rates, you should always include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Lincoln that are able to give price quotes.
AMS Insurance Center
120 S 29th St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 476-3599 – View Map
Midwest Insurance Group
4333 S 48th St – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 489-9595 – View Map
Upon receiving good responses in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you can always cancel your policy whenever you choose to so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with any particular company with no way out.
Nebraska car insurance companies
Selecting a high-quality insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Nebraska. The company rank data listed below may help you decide which companies to look at comparing rates from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Don’t give up on cheap rates
Cheap Ford Freestar insurance in Lincoln is attainable on the web and with local Lincoln insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not provide rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents.
You just read many ways to shop for Ford Freestar insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Other learning opportunities
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- How Much are Lincoln Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lincoln Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)