Do you need a better way to compare more competitive Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Lincoln? Trying to find cheaper insurance for a Suzuki Grand Vitara in Nebraska can be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our auto insurance buying tips to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the best way to quote coverages for your Suzuki and obtain the cheapest rates from both online companies and Lincoln agents.
Unbelievable but true according to a study most auto insurance policyholders have bought auto insurance from the same company for four years or more, and nearly half have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. With the average premium in Nebraska being $1,400, drivers could pocket up to $390 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they changed companies.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes quite often because insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the best rate on Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Lincoln on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the tricks you need to know to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Lincoln.
Finding affordable coverage in Lincoln is not that difficult. If you are insured now or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to find better prices without sacrificing coverage. Smart buyers just have to understand the most efficient way to compare price quotes from many different companies.
How to buy Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Lincoln, Nebraska
Finding low cost car insurance quotes is a fairly straight forward process. Drivers just need to take the time comparing free Lincoln car insurance quotes from some recommended companies.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Nebraska. To locate cheaper car insurance in Nebraska, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before being credited.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current Grand Vitara insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Lincoln car insurance online.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable data collection to track their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The example below shows the difference between Suzuki Grand Vitara premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data is based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may have discounts that include defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, good student, claim-free, and accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include good student, multi-car, annual mileage, ease of repair, and accident-free.
- Nationwide offers discounts including easy pay, accident-free, defensive driving, multi-policy, business or organization, and family plan.
- GEICO has savings for anti-lock brakes, air bags, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, driver training, multi-policy, and membership and employees.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, good student, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
When comparing rates, check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To see a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Lincoln, click here to view.
Coverage statistics and figures
The coverage information displayed below outlines different coverage costs for Suzuki Grand Vitara models. Having a better idea how insurance policy rates are established is important for drivers to make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Vitara 2WD||$242||$314||$392||$24||$118||$1,090||$91|
|Grand Vitara Premium 2WD||$242||$370||$392||$24||$118||$1,146||$96|
|Grand Vitara Premium 4WD||$242||$370||$392||$24||$118||$1,146||$96|
|Grand Vitara Limited 2WD||$242||$370||$392||$24||$118||$1,146||$96|
|Grand Vitara Special Edition 4WD||$242||$370||$392||$24||$118||$1,146||$96|
|Grand Vitara XSport 2WD||$242||$370||$392||$24||$118||$1,146||$96|
|Grand Vitara Limited 4WD||$270||$370||$392||$24||$118||$1,174||$98|
|Grand Vitara XSport 4WD||$270||$370||$392||$24||$118||$1,174||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease price quotes considerably.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can impact Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance premiums for each age group. The information is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance cost for men versus women
The illustration below compares Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this short form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Lincoln who will return price quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does their agency support local causes in Lincoln?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Lincoln?
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents in Lincoln can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know why they differ because it can influence the selection process.
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Lincoln willing to provide rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Linde Matthiesen
245 S 84th St #117 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 489-7799 – View Map
- John Curry – State Farm Insurance Agent
4640 Champlain Dr #121 – Lincoln, NE 68521 – (402) 477-8383 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Mitchell Happ
6100 S 58th St e – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 420-5590 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can write business amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Lincoln that are able to give rate quotes.
- Mittelstadt Agency LLC
1701 K St – Lincoln, NE 68508 – (402) 434-3990 – View Map
- Independent Insurance Agents
8231 Northwoods Dr # B – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 476-2951 – View Map
- UNICO Group
1128 Lincoln Mall #200 – Lincoln, NE 68508 – (402) 434-7200 – View Map
Once you have good responses to your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to service your policy. But keep in mind you are entitled to terminate coverage at any point so don’t assume you are locked into the auto insurance policy for the entire policy term.
The Suzuki Grand Vitara Insurance Price Equation
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are less obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
Add-on coverages you don’t use – Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
Pay less with a high IIHS safety rating – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Suzuki scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Get a ticket, pay higher prices – Getting just one moving violation may increase your cost substantially. Attentive drivers receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who get flagrant violations like reckless driving or DUI may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault fender-benders influence Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Good credit means lower costs – Credit score is a large factor in your rate calculation. If your credit score can be improved, you may save money insuring your Suzuki Grand Vitara by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with bad credit.
More performance means more cost – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you drive makes a huge difference in your rates. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The chart below assumes a married male driver age 50, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Suzuki Grand Vitara car insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have different performances.
Auto insurance policy lapses increase prices – Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Nebraska department of motor vehicles.
Stay claim-free and save money – Companies in Nebraska award lower rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Suzuki Grand Vitara in Lincoln, car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Suzuki, it’s most likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Suzuki for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Nebraska overpays more than $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
You can lower your car insurance rates
As you shop your coverage around, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just showed you many tips how you can save on Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Lincoln. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting low cost Lincoln car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium, policy cancellation and policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
How to find more affordable Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Lincoln
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save money on Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance is to annually compare prices from insurers in Lincoln.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
More learning opportunities
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Kia Optima in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lincoln Auto Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)