Saving money on Buick Century insurance in Lincoln can be challenging for drivers who are beginners to online insurance quotes. With so many insurance agents and insurers available, it can easily become a real difficult job to compare prices on Buick Century insurance.
Unbelievable but true, a large majority of consumers have been with the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $1,400, Lincoln drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Buying affordable car insurance in Lincoln seems hard but is not really that difficult. Just about every car owner who is looking for cheaper car insurance stands a good chance to get better rates. But Nebraska vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how companies market on the web.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to understand auto insurance companies participate in online systems to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide information like how many miles driven, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, whether you have decent credit, and driver details. That information is then submitted to multiple companies and they return quotes within a short period of time.
To compare rates for your Buick Century now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Lincoln, NE. To get cheap car insurance in NE, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Lincoln auto insurance rates
Companies don’t always advertise all possible discounts very well, so below is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Lincoln auto insurance online.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military can result in better auto insurance rates.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Century insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Lincoln auto insurance quotes online.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save you money since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles could be rewarded with substantially lower prices.
- Sign Online – Some larger companies provide a small discount for signing up on their website.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will definitely reduce your policy cost.
Popular auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, passive restraint, student away at school, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, air bags, anti-theft, and driver training.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online signing.
- 21st Century offers discounts for homeowners, 55 and older, student driver, early bird, theft prevention, and air bags.
- American Family may have discounts that include defensive driver, air bags, mySafetyValet, early bird, and good driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, air bag, and driver training.
- AAA may offer discounts for pay-in-full, multi-car, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good driver, and education and occupation.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be available to policyholders in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in Lincoln, click this link.
What Determines Buick Century Insurance Prices?
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in better auto insurance rates. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are more obscure like where you live or how safe your car is.
Shown below are some of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
With age comes responsibility – Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Drivers with little experience have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Liability limits on your policy – Liability coverage kicks in if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Accidents mean higher premiums – Even a single speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who get dangerous citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The most favorable rates are usually for lower cost passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Buick Century is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
Cheaper rates with high comp and collision deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Buick from damage. Some examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
Don’t buy incidental coverages you don’t use – There are a ton of additional extra coverages that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, towing, and membership fees could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea at first, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
Single vs. married – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your auto insurance bill. Marriage means you’re more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.