It’s a fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are very likely to switch companies because of the high probability of finding a more affordable policy. A survey found that drivers who shopped around saved as much as $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving money on insurance in Lincoln is the reason you’re here, then having an understanding of how to find and compare auto insurance can make the process more efficient.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to save money on Buick Regal insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Lincoln. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a low credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Regal coverage is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A crucial key to this process is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
If you have coverage now or just want cheaper rates, you can learn to lower your rates and still have adequate protection. The purpose of this post is to let you in on the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and how you can save the most money. Smart buyers just need to understand the most efficient way to compare company rates online.
Learn How to Quote Auto Insurance for Less
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- Annual mileage and car insurance prices – The more you drive annually the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Improper usage on your Regal may be costing you. Verify your policy correctly shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Where you live factors in – Being located in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers who live in large Nebraska cities tend to have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Higher rates for specific occupations – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers such as lawyers, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals have the highest average rates due to intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, jobs like scientists, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Are males or females drivers cheaper? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Men and women are responsible for accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Keep claims to a minimum – Insurance companies in Nebraska provide better rates to people who only file infrequent claims. If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Protect yourself with liability protection – Liability insurance will protect you when you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a ton of additional extra coverages that may not really be needed when buying auto insurance. Insurance for rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships are some examples. The coverages may be enticing initially, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
Buick Regal claim statistics – Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Buick Regal Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
More effort can pay off
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost.
We just showed you many tips how you can shop for Buick Regal insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Lincoln car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Felons in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)