It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who get price quotes annually are highly likely to buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding a cheaper policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved as much as $865 a year compared to people who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest rates on Buick Verano insurance is the reason for your visit, then having a good understanding the best way to compare insurance can save time and make the process easier.
If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates in Lincoln is to compare prices annually from insurers in Nebraska. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
First, get an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives additional tips to lower rates and find overlooked discounts.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. When you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
Discounts can help to save on Buick Verano insurance in Lincoln
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Lincoln could trigger savings on your next auto insurance statement.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Lincoln Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Paperwork-free – Some larger companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application over the internet.
- Early Switch Discount – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Lincoln auto insurance quotes online.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- College Student – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Lincoln and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive reduced rates.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see insurers who offer discounts in Lincoln, follow this link.
Getting cheap auto insurance pricing is pretty simple and can save money. All you need to do is take a couple of minutes getting comparison quotes to find out which insurance company has affordable Lincoln auto insurance quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to make phone calls or go to insurance agents’ offices. Quoting Buick Verano insurance online eliminates this option unless your situation requires the trained guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Drivers can find lower rates online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Nebraska. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Buick Verano Insurance
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Your job and auto insurance rates – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like judges, architects, and financial analysts generally have the highest rates because of job stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, professions such as professors, engineers and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
- Low comp and collision deductibles mean high rates – Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Buick from damage. Examples of covered claims could be a dented fender, damage caused by hail, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- More performance means higher prices – The performance level of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest base rates are usually found on lower cost passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Get married and get better prices – Being married may save some money when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Frequent policy claims increase prices – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in Nebraska provide cheaper rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Extra policy coverages that may not be needed – Policies have extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your auto insurance policy. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and membership fees may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
- Urban residents pay more – Residing in areas with lower population is a good thing when buying auto insurance. People in densely populated areas regularly have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer people means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Insurance loss statistics a Buick Verano – Companies use statistical claims data to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have increased rates.
The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Buick Verano vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Values under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Buick Verano Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Verano 92 96 85 109 127 126BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance can be complex
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance is available from local agents
Certain consumers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Lincoln that can give you free Lincoln auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurer is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How many years have they been established?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is the quote a firm price?
What type of Lincoln auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a good insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Lincoln agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lincoln that are able to give comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – James L. Brown Agency Inc
4500 Cornhusker Hwy Ste 1 – Lincoln, NE 68504 – (402) 465-0748 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to include a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Lincoln that can give you rate quotes.
Three good reasons to insure your Buick vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Buick Verano insurance, buying car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Buick at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Buick as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Lincoln auto insurance companies ranked
Finding the best insurance company can be challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Lincoln. The ranking information below could help you decide which auto insurance companies to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Allstate – A+
- The General – A-
Shop around and save
More affordable car insurance in Lincoln is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Lincoln agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund or even delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right car insurance provider is easier than you think.
When getting Lincoln auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lincoln Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lincoln Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)