The recommended way to find lower priced car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in Lincoln.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and poor credit can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives instructions to prevent rate hikes and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies. View rates
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new policy. Once received, place your new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop around annually are likely to switch auto insurance companies because they have good chances of finding better rates. A recent survey discovered that drivers who shopped around every year saved as much as $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is your goal, then having an understanding of the best ways to find and compare coverage rates can make the process more efficient.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Chevy Cruze insurance in Lincoln
Some providers do not list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Lincoln car insurance online.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Early Signing – A few larger companies give discounts for switching policies early. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Club Memberships – Being in a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your bill.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some insurance companies give lower premium rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO allow you one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education in high school.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will cut the amount you pay for coverage.
Some of the larger companies that have many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
If you want the cheapest Chevrolet Cruze rate quotes, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not be offered in your area.
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing a wide range of rates gives you a better chance of getting lower pricing. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so you need to compare price estimates from them, too.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Lincoln, NE. To buy cheap auto insurance in Lincoln, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Compare rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Lincoln auto insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for small agencies is especially important in Lincoln.
By using this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Lincoln who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Lincoln car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
When finding a local Lincoln insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Lincoln are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you get quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Lincoln that may be able to provide price quote information.
Mid Mex Insurance Inc
1010 South St A – Lincoln, NE 68502 – (402) 438-6800 – View Map
Buethe and Associates Insurance Agency
2337 S 13th St – Lincoln, NE 68542 – (402) 474-2063 – View Map
These agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are highly trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Lincoln willing to provide price quote information.
Finding a good car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Upon getting satisfactory answers to these questions and a good coverage price, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that will properly service your insurance policy. Just be aware that once you purchase a policy you can cancel your policy any time you want so don’t assume that you’re stuck with the insurance policy for the full term.
A conclusion for your insurance search
You just learned a lot of information how to lower your Chevy Cruze insurance prices in Lincoln. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims or even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
Cheap Chevy Cruze insurance in Lincoln is available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for College Graduates in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Acadia in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)