Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who compare rates annually are highly likely to switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent insurance study revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved about $860 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around.
If finding the best price on insurance in Lincoln is why you’re reading this, then learning a little about how to quote prices and compare insurance premiums can save time and money.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get budget Chrysler 200 insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who provide auto insurance in Lincoln.
- First, get an understanding of how your policy works and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many things that drive up the price such as traffic citations and a negative credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for instructions to help reduce prices and get additional discounts.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, put the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good piece of advice is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to compare every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the following tips. Quoting and comparing affordable auto insurance policy in Lincoln is not that difficult. But Nebraska vehicle owners do need to understand the way insurance companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
Low Cost Chrysler insurance rates in Lincoln
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Lincoln, NE. If you wish to find the cheapest auto insurance in Nebraska, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Cheaper Lincoln insurance rates with discounts
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but a few must be inquired about before they will apply. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings as much as 30%.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better prices if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a class that teaches driver safety techniques could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, federal employee, and daytime running lights.
- USAA offers discounts for vehicle storage, multi-policy, good student, safe driver, and new vehicle.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and online signing.
- American Family offers discounts including multi-vehicle, early bird, defensive driver, good driver, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, and mySafetyValet.
- Esurance has discounts for renters, homeowner, good student, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for bundle discounts, pay in full, teen driver, multi-car, and business and professional.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, good student, multiple policy, passive restraint, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
Before buying, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Lincoln. To view providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Lincoln, follow this link.
Auto insurance can get complicated
When selecting the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Is my Chrysler 200 covered for smoke damage?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Buying car insurance from Lincoln auto insurance agents
Some people just want to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is you can get cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local agencies is important particularly in Lincoln.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Lincoln who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer because prices are sent to you. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
When researching local Lincoln agents, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Lincoln that can give you price quotes.
- MIAA – Midwest Insurance Agency Alliance
6120 Havelock Ave – Lincoln, NE 68507 – (402) 467-5355 – View Map
- AMS Insurance Center
120 S 29th St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 476-3599 – View Map
- Davidson Insurance
5101 N 27th St – Lincoln, NE 68521 – (402) 465-1167 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Lincoln that can give you comparison quotes.
- Gale Breed – State Farm Insurance Agent
8421 Amber Hill Ct #1 – Lincoln, NE 68526 – (402) 483-2802 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – James L. Brown Agency Inc
4500 Cornhusker Hwy Ste 1 – Lincoln, NE 68504 – (402) 465-0748 – View Map
- State Farm – Lincoln – Steve Lang
1401 N 66th St Suite 206 – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 467-2272 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How many companies do they write for?
- Where are claims handled?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How are claims handled?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Lower-priced Chrysler 200 insurance in Lincoln is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies don’t offer rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies work with independent insurance agents.
You just read many tips how you can find cheaper Chrysler 200 insurance in Lincoln. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with the smaller companies.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, high prices and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, switching insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Additional information is available at these links:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)