How many times have you told yourself to find more competitive auto insurance rates in Lincoln, NE? Lincoln buyers have a choice when searching for low-cost Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents getting price quotes or use the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes for your Ford and find the lowest price either online or from Lincoln insurance agents.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices at least once a year because prices go up and down regularly. If you had the best rates on Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Lincoln on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the only way to find great coverage at a great price.
This information will help you learn the best way to quote coverages and how you can save the most money. If you are insured now, you should be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the quickest way to get comparison rates using one simple form.
Smart Consumers Can Save Money
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower insurance prices.
The following are some of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
- Do you save by driving less? – The more miles you rack up on your Ford in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that are left in the garage cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s a good idea to make sure your policy correctly shows the right rating data. A policy that improperly rates your Explorer Sport Trac may be costing you higher rates.
- Improve your credit score and save – Your credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for insurance. So if your credit score is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Ford Explorer Sport Trac by improving your credit score. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower ratings.
- Save money by having multiple policies – Most larger insurers apply discounts to customers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still compare other Lincoln Explorer Sport Trac insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates. It’s possible to still find lower rates by splitting coverages up.
- Higher premiums for insurance policy lapses – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a license revocation or jail time. You may have to file a SR-22 with the Nebraska DMV.
Performance makes a difference – The type of car you own makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The chart below uses these variables: married male driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance premiums compared to other vehicles that have different performance risks.
- Eliminate unneeded add-on coverages – Policies have add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, towing coverage, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea at first, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
Rates and information analytics
The data table displayed next showcases estimates of rate quotes for Ford Explorer Sport Trac models. Being aware of how insurance policy rates are calculated is important for drivers to make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 2WD||$142||$254||$338||$20||$102||$856||$71|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 2WD||$162||$254||$338||$20||$102||$876||$73|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD||$162||$254||$338||$20||$102||$876||$73|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4WD||$182||$308||$338||$20||$102||$950||$79|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited AWD||$182||$308||$338||$20||$102||$950||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase price quotes substantially.
Cautious drivers save money
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders impact Ford Explorer Sport Trac car insurance costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Get affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so below is a list some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Club Memberships – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your next auto insurance statement.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies give discounts for signing up early. You could save around 10% when you buy Lincoln auto insurance online.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Lincoln auto insurance depending on your company.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Ford may allow you to get cheaper auto insurance rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Lincoln.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies that may offer most of the discounts above possibly include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To choose auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Nebraska, click here.
Nebraska auto insurance company ratings
Choosing the top insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Nebraska. The company information shown below could help you analyze which auto insurance companies you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Cheaper car insurance is out there
There are still a few companies who do not offer internet price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents. Budget-conscious Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent or even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you quote Lincoln auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
How to find cheaper rates for Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Lincoln
If you want to save money, the best way to save on auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from companies who provide auto insurance in Lincoln. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Read about policy coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates like distracted driving and a bad credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. As soon as you receive it, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Additional information is located below:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lincoln Auto Insurance Quotes for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)