The easiest way to get cheaper Ford F-350 insurance in Lincoln is to regularly compare quotes from providers that insure vehicles in Nebraska. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, spend some time learning about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like careless driving and poor credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for tips to keep prices down and find possible discounts that are available.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Lincoln. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
One piece of advice is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Shockingly, nearly 70% of customers have been with the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Drivers in Nebraska could save themselves approximately $400 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to find cheap insurance by shopping around.
Save a ton on Ford F-350 insurance in Lincoln with these discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that may help make it more affordable. Most are applied at quote time, but a few need to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a safe driver class could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get reduced rates.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower car insurance rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Lincoln car insurance with select insurance companies.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The example below shows the difference between Ford F-350 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The prices are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include theft prevention, good student, defensive driver, teen driver, and air bags.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, student away at school, good driver, and driver’s education.
- AAA offers discounts including education and occupation, good student, pay-in-full, anti-theft, good driver, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for newly married, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, good student, safety features, new graduate, and new vehicle discount.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with every company to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your area. To see a list of companies with the best discounts in Lincoln, click this link.
Lowering your auto insurance rates is actually quite simple. All you need to do is spend a little time to get quotes to discover which company has affordable Lincoln car insurance quotes.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Lincoln, NE. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in Lincoln, NE, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and detailed analysis
The rate table below showcases a range of insurance rates for Ford F-350 models. Understanding more about how insurance prices are figured can aid in making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$264||$506||$464||$28||$138||$1,400||$117|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 4WD||$264||$506||$464||$28||$138||$1,400||$117|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 2WD||$296||$428||$308||$18||$92||$1,142||$95|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$296||$506||$464||$28||$138||$1,432||$119|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$296||$506||$308||$18||$92||$1,220||$102|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$296||$506||$308||$18||$92||$1,220||$102|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$296||$506||$464||$28||$138||$1,432||$119|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$296||$506||$464||$28||$138||$1,432||$119|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD||$296||$506||$464||$28||$138||$1,432||$119|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$296||$506||$464||$28||$138||$1,432||$119|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$296||$506||$464||$28||$138||$1,432||$119|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$296||$506||$464||$28||$138||$1,432||$119|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$296||$506||$308||$18||$92||$1,220||$102|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$296||$506||$308||$18||$92||$1,220||$102|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab King Ranch 2WD||$296||$506||$308||$18||$92||$1,220||$102|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD||$296||$582||$464||$28||$138||$1,508||$126|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 4WD||$296||$582||$464||$28||$138||$1,508||$126|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$296||$582||$464||$28||$138||$1,508||$126|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$296||$582||$464||$28||$138||$1,508||$126|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 4WD||$296||$582||$464||$28||$138||$1,508||$126|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$296||$582||$464||$28||$138||$1,508||$126|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$296||$582||$464||$28||$138||$1,508||$126|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 2WD||$326||$506||$308||$18||$92||$1,250||$104|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$326||$506||$308||$18||$92||$1,250||$104|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$326||$506||$308||$18||$92||$1,250||$104|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$326||$506||$308||$18||$92||$1,250||$104|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Lariat 2WD||$326||$506||$308||$18||$92||$1,250||$104|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$326||$506||$308||$18||$92||$1,250||$104|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$326||$506||$308||$18||$92||$1,250||$104|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$326||$582||$464||$28||$138||$1,538||$128|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$326||$582||$464||$28||$138||$1,538||$128|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$326||$582||$464||$28||$138||$1,538||$128|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$326||$582||$464||$28||$138||$1,538||$128|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$326||$582||$308||$18||$92||$1,326||$111|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 2WD||$326||$582||$308||$18||$92||$1,326||$111|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$326||$582||$308||$18||$92||$1,326||$111|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$326||$582||$308||$18||$92||$1,326||$111|
|F-350 Super Cab XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$326||$582||$308||$18||$92||$1,326||$111|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$326||$582||$464||$28||$138||$1,538||$128|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$326||$582||$464||$28||$138||$1,538||$128|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$326||$582||$308||$18||$92||$1,326||$111|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$326||$582||$308||$18||$92||$1,326||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can influence price quotes considerably.
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Ford F-350 annual premium costs for different age categories. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender
The example below compares Ford F-350 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Do you need full coverage?
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-350 car insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula to delete full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Ford F-350 settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $400 annually to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
How Insurers Determine Ford F-350 Insurance Costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find better car insurance rates. Multiple criteria are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more obscure such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
How your age affects costs – More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable. Teen drivers have been known to get distracted easily when driving with friends and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Filing policy claims can cost you – Insurance companies in Nebraska provide most affordable rates to people who are claim-free. If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that can waste your money on your car insurance policy. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
- Marriage equates to better prices – Having a significant other actually saves money on your car insurance policy. It demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
What type of vehicle do you drive? – The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Economy passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following chart uses these variables: married female driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Ford F-350 car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
Insurance loss data for Ford F-350 vehicles – Insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that statistically have high amounts or severity of claims will be charged more to insure. The next table shows the historical loss data for Ford F-350 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together equals 100. Numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Ford F-350 Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-350 4WD 78 54 Ford F-350 SuperCab 4WD 66 90 98 Ford F-350 SuperCrew 2WD 108 232 Ford F-350 SuperCrew 4WD 96 134 179 47 44 90BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
When to talk to an insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to companies in Lincoln who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How long have they been in business?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
If you’re trying to find a good Lincoln insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Lincoln agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can provide car insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are Lincoln exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm® insurance – Dean R Hoy
3883 Normal Blvd – Lincoln, NE 68506 – (402) 489-7171 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Tim Stewart Agency Inc.
5625 O St Ste 105 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 489-6211 – View Map
- Roger McGinnis – State Farm Insurance Agent
6900 O St #105 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 466-6300 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Lincoln that are able to give comparison quotes.
- INSPRO Insurance
4000 Pine Lake Rd – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 483-4500 – View Map
- UNICO Group
1128 Lincoln Mall #200 – Lincoln, NE 68508 – (402) 434-7200 – View Map
- Midwest Insurance Group
4333 S 48th St – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 489-9595 – View Map
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Lincoln, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your F-350 has a lienholder, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford for a lot more money and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It also can pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Lincoln is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so shop around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Shop smart and save
When searching for cheaper Lincoln car insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered some good ideas how you can find lower-cost Ford F-350 insurance in Lincoln. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Additional information can be found below:
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lincoln Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)