It’s hard to fathom, but the vast majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Nebraska drivers could save themselves $390 a year, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The most effective way to get affordable Jeep Cherokee insurance in Lincoln is to annually compare prices from insurers who provide auto insurance in Nebraska. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like traffic citations and a negative credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
How You Can Control Jeep Cherokee Insurance Rates
Many factors are used when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but some are more obscure such as your marital status or how safe your car is. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Residing in areas with lower population has it’s advantages when talking about car insurance. People in densely populated areas regularly have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Annual mileage and car insurance premiums – The more you drive annually the more you will pay for car insurance. The majority of insurers apply a rate based on their usage. Vehicles that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your vehicle rating states annual mileage, because it can save money. Improper usage on your Cherokee can cost quite a bit.
- Marriage can lower premiums – Having a spouse may save some money when buying car insurance. It usually means you are more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- The type of car, truck or SUV you drive affects your prices – The performance level of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Smaller low performance passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Frequent car insurance claims increase premiums – Insurance companies in Nebraska provide the lowest premiums to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. If you file a lot of claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Gender and car insurance costs – The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes cause fender benders at about the same rate, but men tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your Jeep Cherokee scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Loss probability for a Jeep Cherokee – Auto insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher premium rate. The table below outlines the historical loss data for Jeep Cherokee vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Jeep Cherokee Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD 76 105 77 87 90 109 Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD 78 115 82 75 79 103BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
A little work can save a LOT of money
Cheaper auto insurance in Lincoln is available from both online companies in addition to many Lincoln insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional carriers only sell through local independent agencies.
We just showed you a lot of information how to shop for Jeep Cherokee insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Jeep Cherokee rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lincoln Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lincoln Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)