I can’t think of anyone who fancies paying their premiums for insurance, especially when they are aware that they could find better rates elsewhere.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around for better prices will probably buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding lower prices. A recent survey revealed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved about $850 each year compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding the most affordable car insurance is your ultimate goal, then having some insight into how to find companies and compare insurance can help simplify the process.
How to find better rates for Lincoln Continental insurance in Lincoln
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save on auto insurance rates in Lincoln is to regularly compare quotes from companies who provide auto insurance in Nebraska. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, try to understand how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Continental insurance in Lincoln. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Because you have many companies and agents to choose from, it can be impossible to pick the lowest cost insurance company.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes quite often because insurance prices change quite often. Just because you had the best deal on Lincoln Continental insurance in Lincoln at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the proper way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Lincoln Continental Insurance Premiums?
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that are used to determine your car insurance rates. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may result in much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea at first, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Liability safeguards assets – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection if you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Better premiums for uninterrupted coverage – Not having insurance is a big no-no and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Get married and get cheaper prices – Your spouse may save some money on your car insurance policy. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Too many car insurance claims will drive car insurance rates up – Auto insurance companies in Nebraska give lower rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
- Proper usage rating affects prices – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Double check that your vehicle rating properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated Continental is throwing money out the window.
- Driver age impacts prices – Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be more careless with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a beginning driver to your policy will cause a huge premium hike. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Getting a low cost price on Lincoln Continental insurance is not a difficult process. The only requirement is to take time comparing free Lincoln car insurance quotes to see which company has affordable Lincoln car insurance quotes.
Comparison shopping rates online is easy and it takes the place of having to actually drive to local Lincoln insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes has reduced the need for local agents unless your situation requires the advice and guidance that only an agent can give. It is possible to comparison shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The following companies provide price comparisons in Nebraska. To get the cheapest car insurance in Lincoln, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lincoln, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Lincoln for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Lincoln. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Lincoln gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Nebraska is overpaying more than $700 annually so we recommend shopping around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Slash your insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every available discount very well, so the below list has some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Lincoln car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Lincoln drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts compared to drivers who are more careless.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of companies who offer discounts in Lincoln, click here to view.
Are insurance agents used anymore?
Certain consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Lincoln that can provide free Lincoln car insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to your email. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Lincoln should know the answers to these questions.
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Lincoln for you
If you would like to find local Lincoln agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s important to point out why they differ since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Lincoln who may provide you with rate quotes.
American Family Insurance – James L. Brown Agency Inc
4500 Cornhusker Hwy Ste 1 – Lincoln, NE 68504 – (402) 465-0748 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it’s recommended you contact a few independent agents for the best price selection.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Lincoln willing to provide price quote information.
Cheaper auto insurance premiums are out there
Cheap Lincoln Continental insurance in Lincoln can be sourced online and with local Lincoln insurance agents, so you need to shop Lincoln car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
How to find more affordable Lincoln Continental insurance in Lincoln
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from insurers who sell insurance in Lincoln. This can be done by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that cause high rates such as getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Lincoln Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)