No car owner likes having to buy insurance, especially when they are aware that they could get a better deal.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of consumers in Nebraska kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared insurance rates at all. American insurance shoppers could cut their rates by up to $859 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand the amount of savings they would get if they switched.
Vehicle owners have so many auto insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to find the best rates for Lincoln MKT insurance in Lincoln.
It’s a good idea to do rate comparisons periodically due to the fact that insurance prices change quite often. Even if you got the best rate on Lincoln MKT insurance in Lincoln last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the easiest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Lincoln MKT insurance in Lincoln.
Best Lincoln MKT insurance price quotes in Nebraska
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Lincoln, NE. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Lincoln, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Lincoln MKT detailed coverage information
The rate information displayed below showcases a range of insurance premium costs for Lincoln MKT models. Understanding how rate quotes are determined can aid in making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKT 3.7 2WD||$224||$382||$318||$18||$96||$1,038||$87|
|MKT 3.7 AWD||$248||$440||$318||$18||$96||$1,120||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific Lincoln garaging location which can influence prices greatly.
How careless driving impacts Lincoln car insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can drive up Lincoln MKT annual premium costs for different age categories. The rates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Gender-based car insurance rates by age
The information below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKT insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Take policy discounts and save on Lincoln MKT insurance in Lincoln
Some providers don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so below is a list a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow companies to scrutinize vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Online Discount – A few companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Lincoln car insurance quote.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKT yearly insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Insurance companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you need low cost Lincoln car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your state.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Lincoln MKT Insurance Prices?
It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in big savings. Lots of things are used when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but others are less apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
Age of drivers – Youthful drivers in Nebraska are statistically shown to be more careless when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Parents adding a first-time driver to your policy will cause a huge premium hike. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
The data below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Liability preserves assets – The liability section of your policy will afford coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
An active policy claims history can cost you more – Companies in Nebraska give lower rates to people who only file infrequent claims. If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Small coverages can add up – Insurance companies have many extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, towing, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Loss statistics for a Lincoln MKT – Auto insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will be charged more to insure.
The table below illustrates the loss history for Lincoln MKT vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKT 4dr 2WD||128||133|
|Lincoln MKT 4dr 4WD||118||85||138||85|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. You are unique so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Does my Lincoln MKT qualify for pleasure use?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people just prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Lincoln.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered directly to your email. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Lincoln for you
If you want to buy insurance from a local Lincoln insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agents are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies through many different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Lincoln who may be able to give you free insurance quotes.
3325 A St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 434-0480 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Lincoln that are able to give price quote information.
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Lincoln should have no problem answering these questions:
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How are claims handled?
Once you have received reasonable responses to your questions and cheap MKT insurance quotes, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to properly service your insurance policy. Just understand that consumers can terminate your policy whenever you choose to so don’t think that you are obligated to your new company for any length of time.
A little work can save a LOT of money
When you buy Lincoln car insurance online, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
Cheap Lincoln MKT insurance in Lincoln is possible online and with local Lincoln insurance agents, so you need to shop Lincoln car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies sell through local independent agents.
Steps to finding better rates for Lincoln MKT insurance in Lincoln
Truthfully, the best way to save on Lincoln MKT insurance in Lincoln is to do an annual price comparison from different companies in Nebraska. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Gain an understanding of how insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a low credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new policy. Make sure you keep your new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
A tip to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Lincoln Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)