A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that over 70% of drivers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Nebraska drivers can cut their rates by about $390 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t want to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
The recommended way to save money on Porsche Cayenne insurance in Lincoln is to compare prices annually from insurers who sell auto insurance in Nebraska. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a low credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for more details to keep prices down and find overlooked discounts.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Begin your rate comparison
Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new agent or company. As soon as you receive it, place the new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
An important note is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
If you already have coverage or just want to reduce your rates, you will benefit by learning to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. The purpose of this post is to help you learn the best way to quote coverages and some money-saving tips. Smart shoppers just have to know the proper methods to shop on the web.
The best way to compare rate quotes for Porsche Cayenne insurance in Lincoln is to take advantage of the fact auto insurance companies participate in a system to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide information including your job, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, whether you are married, and whether you have decent credit. Your information is instantly submitted to multiple top-rated companies and they return cost estimate with very little delay.
To start a rate quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Lincoln.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Lincoln, NE. To get cheap car insurance in NE, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Porsche, most lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Porsche for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects not only your Porsche Cayenne but also your financial assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Porsche gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Nebraska is overpaying over $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Analysis of Porsche Cayenne rates
The coverage information displayed below showcases estimates of insurance policy prices for Porsche Cayenne models. Being aware of how policy premiums are established helps drivers make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cayenne S Transyberia||$260||$496||$308||$18||$92||$1,174||$98|
|Cayenne GTS PD Edition 3||$282||$548||$308||$18||$92||$1,248||$104|
|Cayenne Turbo S||$348||$650||$308||$18||$92||$1,416||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease insurance rates substantially.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The chart below illustrates the difference between Porsche Cayenne insurance prices for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The information below compares Porsche Cayenne yearly insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no exact formula to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Porsche Cayenne settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $600 annually for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be significant discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before they will apply. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- E-sign Discounts – Many auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Cayenne insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with the same auto insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new Cayenne may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to study driving manner through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Porsche Cayenne insurance in Lincoln.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Porsche Cayenne yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Insurance companies that have these benefits possibly include:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To find insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Nebraska, click this link.
Local insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to sit down with an agent. Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the best rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local agencies is important especially in Lincoln.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is sent to agents in your area who will give you bids to get your business. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know why they differ since it can impact your agent selection.
Agents of this type are not locked into one company so they can write business through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Lincoln that can give you rate quotes.
- Jeff Munns Agency, Inc.
1617 Normandy Ct #102 – Lincoln, NE 68512 – (402) 436-2140 – View Map
- Davidson Insurance
5101 N 27th St – Lincoln, NE 68521 – (402) 465-1167 – View Map
- Mittelstadt Agency LLC
1701 K St – Lincoln, NE 68508 – (402) 434-3990 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Lincoln who can help you get rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance
916 N 70th St – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 488-5277 – View Map
- State Farm: Vinnie Krikac
935 Plum St – Lincoln, NE 68502 – (402) 474-1173 – View Map
- John Eshleman – State Farm Insurance Agent
7501 O St #103 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 483-7578 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Nebraska?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What companies can they write with?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Quote. Compare. Save.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to find cheaper Porsche Cayenne insurance in Lincoln. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices or poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies can be pretty painless.
Some insurance providers don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Cheap Porsche Cayenne insurance in Lincoln is definitely available from both online companies and with local Lincoln insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
Much more information about auto insurance in Nebraska is located at the links below
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Acadia in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lincoln Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)