It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around annually will most likely buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding a more affordable policy. A survey found that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding low prices for Tesla Model S insurance is your ultimate goal, learning the best way to compare insurance coverage can make the process less intimidating.
The recommended way to get discount Tesla Model S insurance in Lincoln is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who can sell car insurance in Nebraska. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance works and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new coverage. As soon as you can, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
A good piece of advice is to use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
Cheapest Tesla insurance rate quotes in Lincoln
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Nebraska. In order to find the best auto insurance in NE, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lower rate quotes on Tesla Model S insurance in Lincoln with these auto insurance discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Online Discount – Certain auto insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application online.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, federal employee, seat belt use, good student, driver training, multi-vehicle, and daytime running lights.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for group or association, mature driver, anti-theft, paid in full, student away at school, good student, and safe vehicle.
- American Family may have discounts that include good driver, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, accident-free, good student, and bundled insurance.
- Esurance offers discounts including homeowner, safety device, DriveSense, Pac-12 alumni, and defensive driver.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, accident-free, and multiple policy.
- AAA may include discounts for good driver, good student, multi-car, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and multi-policy.
When getting free Lincoln auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company how you can save money. Some credits may not be available everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Lincoln, click here.
Informed Consumers Save on Insurance
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better car insurance rates. Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- Premiums are high for teenagers – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations. Inexperience drivers have been known to be less responsible with other occupants in the car and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Less chance of injury means lower car insurance rates – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Tesla scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
- Combine and save – The majority of car insurance companies provide better rates to customers who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Don’t cancel your policy without a new one in place – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance coverage expire. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage can result in a steep fine or even jail time. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Nebraska motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Your liability coverage limits – Liability insurance will provide protection when you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- More stress means more cost – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like military generals, social workers, and emergency personnel tend to pay the highest average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, jobs like farmers, athletes and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Tesla Model S claim statistics – Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher premium rates. The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Tesla Model S vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Tesla Model S Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 2WD 324 116 208 39 46 104 Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 4WD 333BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Many drivers would rather get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain better rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local agencies is still important in Lincoln.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Lincoln
When narrowing the list to find a good Lincoln insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they function. Auto insurance agents in Lincoln may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Lincoln who may provide price quotes.
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are exclusive agents in Lincoln that are able to give price quote information.
American Family Insurance – James L. Brown Agency Inc
4500 Cornhusker Hwy Ste 1 – Lincoln, NE 68504 – (402) 465-0748 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
Persistence will pay off
We just covered many ideas to lower your Tesla Model S insurance premium rates in Lincoln. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Lincoln auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When shopping online for insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
More tips and info about insurance is located in the articles below:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- How Much is Lincoln Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Lincoln Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lincoln Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lincoln Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)