If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable quotes for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers in Lincoln. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
First, read and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like careless driving and a substandard credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. This article gives additional tips to find cheap rates and earn a bigger discount.
Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on e-Golf insurance in Lincoln. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new company or agent. When you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It’s shocking but a large majority of car insurance policyholders have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in Nebraska could save about $390 each year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rates and save money.
Reducing your Volkswagen e-Golf insurance rates is not rocket science. You just have to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing free Lincoln car insurance quotes from some recommended companies.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rates online that it makes it obsolete to physically go to and from local Lincoln insurance agencies. Comparing Volkswagen e-Golf insurance rates online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you prefer the personal advice that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. It is possible with some companies get prices online and still use a local agent.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Nebraska. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in NE, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper rates on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Lincoln with these discounts
Insurance is not inexpensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even know about. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before being credited.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some insurance companies give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies give discounts for signing up before your current e-Golf insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Lincoln Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a driver safety course may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate and GEICO will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow their company to look at vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Large insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- MetLife has discounts for defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, good driver, accident-free, and claim-free.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including age of vehicle, multi-policy, good driver, location of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, and multi-car.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, good student, business or organization, and easy pay.
- GEICO includes discounts for good student, five-year accident-free, military active duty, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA offers discounts for pay-in-full, good driver, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good student, and anti-theft.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply in your area.
Local Lincoln insurance agencies and insurance
A lot of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is especially important in Lincoln.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t even need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking a insurer is decision based upon more than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Get Volkswagen e-Golf Insurance More Affordably
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating. It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. If you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
Safeguard your assets with liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Never let your car insurance policy expire – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage may result in a license revocation or jail time. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Nebraska DMV.
Raising coverage deductibles lowers rates – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims would be colliding with a building, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more expense the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Location can modify price – Having an address in areas with lower population has definite advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
Pleasure use saves money – The more you drive your Volkswagen in a year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Double check that your car insurance policy shows the correct usage for each vehicle. Incorrect rating for your e-Golf is throwing money out the window.
Safety ratings are a factor – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your Volkswagen earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Policy claims cost money – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in Nebraska generally give better rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
Why insurance is not optional
Even though Lincoln e-Golf insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your e-Golf, almost all lenders will require you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Volkswagen as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Discount Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Lincoln can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not provide online rate quotes and many times these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
When getting Lincoln car insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to compare Volkswagen e-Golf insurance rates in Lincoln. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Lincoln car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in these articles:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lincoln Auto Insurance Quotes for Veterans? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lincoln Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)