The easiest way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates is to compare prices annually from insurers in Lincoln. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read about coverages and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s amazing but nearly 70% of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Many drivers in Nebraska can save as much as $390 each year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find cheap auto insurance rates.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using the techniques presented in this article. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Lincoln can be made easier if you know where to look. But Nebraska consumers must comprehend how insurance companies market insurance on the web and use it to find better rates.
Auto insurance providers offering cheap price quotes in Nebraska
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Lincoln, NE. If you want cheap car insurance in NE, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and detailed analysis
The information shown next showcases a range of insurance costs for Chevy Silverado 2500HD models. Having a good grasp of how prices are established is important for making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$250||$538||$338||$20||$102||$1,248||$104|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$250||$620||$382||$22||$114||$1,388||$116|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$250||$538||$338||$20||$102||$1,248||$104|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$278||$620||$338||$20||$102||$1,358||$113|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$278||$620||$382||$22||$114||$1,416||$118|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Extended Cab Diesel 2WD||$278||$620||$382||$22||$114||$1,416||$118|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$278||$620||$382||$22||$114||$1,416||$118|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$278||$620||$338||$20||$102||$1,358||$113|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$278||$700||$382||$22||$114||$1,496||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in your specific Lincoln location which can affect premium rates greatly.
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Chevy Silverado 2500HD premium costs for each age group. The data is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD insurance premiums by gender and age
The diagram below shows the comparison of Chevy Silverado 2500HD yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance prices with full coverage compared to only the Nebraska minimum liability coverage. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive rule for excluding comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chevy Silverado 2500HD book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $200 a year for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Discount Lincoln car insurance quotes
Some providers don’t always advertise all possible discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Lincoln car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Good Student – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- College Student – Children who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. Data assumes a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include air bag, vehicle fuel type, bundle, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- American Family offers discounts including multi-vehicle, accident-free, bundled insurance, good driver, defensive driver, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Travelers has discounts for early quote, multi-policy, new car, driver training, continuous insurance, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for switch companies, distant student, youthful driver, teen driver, alternative fuel, and homeowner.
- USAA discounts include safe driver, vehicle storage, loyalty savings, military installation, multi-vehicle, and annual mileage.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for exclusive group savings, new graduate, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, good student, safety features, and hybrid vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Lincoln. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer free Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance quotes in Lincoln, click this link.
Chevy Silverado 2500HD Insurance Cost Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that aid in calculating insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you big savings. Many things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although some other factors are less obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into your premiums.
- Optional features that cut insurance rates – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- More stress means more cost – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs like fire fighters, executives, and accountants are shown to have higher premium rates in part from intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as farmers, historians and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Pay lower prices if you’re married – Having a significant other may save some money when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – The majority of insurers provide a discount to policyholders who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, consumers should still compare Chevy Silverado 2500HD rates in Lincoln to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- How much liability do you need? – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in if you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Increase comp and collision deductibles and save – Protection for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your Chevy. Some coverage claims are a broken windshield, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by flying debris. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend before your insurance pays a claim. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Drive a fast car and pay more – The performance of the vehicle you own makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest rates tend to be for lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart uses these variables: single female driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD policy rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
How to know if you need help
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- What is the minimum liability in Nebraska?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Many drivers just want to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. And supporting local agencies is still important in Lincoln.
After filling out this short form, your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area that can provide free Lincoln car insurance quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to you. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance policy providers may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents often have many company appointments so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you need to get quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Lincoln who may provide free price quotes.
3325 A St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 434-0480 – View Map
Mid Mex Insurance Inc
1010 South St A – Lincoln, NE 68502 – (402) 438-6800 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are Lincoln exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Lincoln should know the answers to these questions.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Nebraska?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How long has their agency been in business in Lincoln?
If you get acceptable answers to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide auto insurance coverage.
Lincoln auto insurance company ratings
Choosing the best auto insurance company is difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Nebraska. The company information in the next section may help you select which car insurance companies you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
One last note
Cheap Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Lincoln is definitely available both online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agents.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered many ideas to save on Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Lincoln. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Lincoln car insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Additional information is located at the links below
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Lincoln Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lincoln Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lincoln Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Uber Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lincoln Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)