If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates in Lincoln is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who provide car insurance in Nebraska. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, try to understand how insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that drive up the price like speeding and a not-so-good credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of Nebraska car insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in America could save an average of approximately 46.5% each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to find affordable car insurance rates.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Lincoln is to understand auto insurance companies have advanced systems to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like whether you have decent credit, how old drivers are, your job, and whether or not you need a SR-22. Your insurance information is automatically sent to many of the top insurers and you will get price comparisons instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the form.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Nebraska. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Lincoln, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Even though Lincoln TrailBlazer insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required in Nebraska but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your TrailBlazer, most lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Nebraska is overpaying over $865 each year so shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Lincoln Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that help determine your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower car insurance prices. Many things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but others are less apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
- Car plus home equals more savings – Some companies will give better rates to insureds that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Frequent insurance claims will cost you more – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Nebraska give the best rates to people who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest premiums are usually for economy passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage if a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Affordable Lincoln car insurance rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total TrailBlazer insurance premium.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
Remember that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The best car insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- GEICO has savings for emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for multi-car, new car, payment discounts, student away at school, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide has discounts for family plan, easy pay, good student, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for early shopping, bundle discounts, pay in full, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, and alternative fuel.
- Esurance offers discounts including safety device, good driver, online quote, renters, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including type of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, anti-theft, accident-free, age of vehicle, good driver, and good student.
If you want affordable Lincoln car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered everywhere. To view providers that offer the discounts shown above in Nebraska, click this link.
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions might point out if you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Is my Chevy TrailBlazer covered for smoke damage?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is a driver training discount available?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Lincoln who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency because prices are sent to you directly. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
After you get acceptable answers for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found an insurance company that is professional and can insure your vehicles.
Nebraska car insurance company ratings
Ending up with a high-quality company is difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Nebraska. The company rank data shown below may help you decide which auto insurance companies to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Allstate – A+
- The General – A-
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
Find cheap car insurance rates by comparing often
Discount Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Lincoln is attainable from both online companies and with local Lincoln insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Males in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)