Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most car insurance customers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. With the average premium in Nebraska being $1,400, drivers could save 30% a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t want to compare rate quotes.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper Buick Rendezvous insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in Lincoln. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about car insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as traffic citations and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for more details to prevent high prices and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
The majority of larger companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get pricing on the web. Doing online price comparisons for Buick Rendezvous insurance in Lincoln is quite easy because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverages you want into the form. After you submit the form the system requests credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote based on these factors. Being able to quote online for Buick Rendezvous insurance in Lincoln streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get the lowest payment.
To use this form to compare rates, check out the insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you will have rate quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Nebraska. In order to find the cheapest car insurance in Lincoln, NE, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Buick at a much higher rate and require you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your Buick Rendezvous. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be asked about before being credited.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow driving data submission to look at driving manner remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for substantially lower car insurance rates.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home at college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a defensive driver class could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in Nebraska, follow this link.
Car insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from the right auto insurance provider is hard considering how many companies there are to choose from in Lincoln. The company information displayed below could help you choose which car insurance companies to look at comparing rate quotes with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies