To save the most money, the best way to get affordable Chevy City Express insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Lincoln. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Try to understand what is in your policy and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a low credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One important bit of advice is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Unbelievable but true, most auto insurance policyholders have remained with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. Nebraska drivers could cut their rates by approximately 30% a year, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company.
Locating the best rates in Lincoln is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you currently have insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using these techniques. But Nebraska car owners must know the way companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Buy Lincoln Chevy City Express insurance online
When comparison shopping, obtaining a wide range of quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Lincoln, NE. To locate the best auto insurance in Lincoln, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Chevy City Express insurance statistics and information
The price information displayed next covers detailed analysis of rate quotes for Chevy City Express models. Understanding how prices are formulated can be of help when making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$142||$254||$314||$18||$94||$822||$69|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$142||$308||$314||$18||$94||$876||$73|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$162||$308||$314||$18||$94||$896||$75|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$162||$308||$314||$18||$94||$896||$75|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$162||$308||$314||$18||$94||$896||$75|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$162||$308||$314||$18||$94||$896||$75|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$162||$308||$314||$18||$94||$896||$75|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$162||$308||$314||$18||$94||$896||$75|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$162||$308||$314||$18||$94||$896||$75|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$162||$364||$314||$18||$94||$952||$79|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$162||$364||$314||$18||$94||$952||$79|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$162||$364||$314||$18||$94||$952||$79|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$162||$364||$314||$18||$94||$952||$79|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$182||$364||$314||$18||$94||$972||$81|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$182||$364||$314||$18||$94||$972||$81|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$182||$364||$314||$18||$94||$972||$81|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$182||$364||$314||$18||$94||$972||$81|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$182||$364||$314||$18||$94||$972||$81|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$182||$364||$314||$18||$94||$972||$81|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$182||$364||$314||$18||$94||$972||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in zip code location which can change premium rates greatly.
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can change Chevy City Express insurance premiums for different age groups. The information is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender and age in Lincoln
The chart below compares Chevy City Express yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you can get discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but a few need to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with some insurance companies.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used City Express can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The information below illustrates the difference between Chevy City Express premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rates are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, multiple autos, good student, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, good student, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife may offer discounts for defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, good student, and accident-free.
- Farm Bureau discounts include 55 and retired, multi-policy, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, military active duty, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO offers discounts for accident prevention training, drive less, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and anti-theft.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. For a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Nebraska, click here to view.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Lincoln, paying for insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy City Express, most banks will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
When should I talk to an agent?
A lot of people prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in Lincoln that provide free Lincoln auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
When searching for a local Lincoln insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Lincoln are categorized either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Lincoln exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rates, you should always include rate quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below are Lincoln independent insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
Buethe and Associates Insurance Agency
2337 S 13th St – Lincoln, NE 68542 – (402) 474-2063 – View Map
If you get satisfactory answers to your questions and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to provide insurance coverage.