If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Lincoln is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Nebraska. You can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Ram 2500 coverage is available in Lincoln. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. Don’t forget to safely store the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Unbelievable but true according to a study most consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Lincoln consumers could save 30% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy.
The purpose of this article is to help you learn how insurance works and how to save the most money. If you have auto insurance now, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using these tips. But Nebraska drivers must understand the methods companies use to price online insurance because rates fluctuate considerably.
The best way we recommend to compare policy rates for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Lincoln takes advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information like how much education you have, if your license is active, how much you drive, and your occupation. Your details is submitted instantly to all major companies and you will receive price estimates immediately.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Dodge Ram 2500 now, click here then complete the form.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Lincoln, NE. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Lincoln
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before being credited. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with a few insurance companies.
- Resident Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Good Student – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Online Discount – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Lincoln auto insurance on their website.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less can qualify you for lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount when getting a Lincoln auto insurance quote.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The chart below shows the difference between Dodge Ram 2500 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Lincoln, click this link.
Rate information and statistics
The premium table shown below showcases detailed analysis of policy rates for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Being able to understand how insurance quotes are figured can be of help when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$212||$370||$338||$20||$102||$1,042||$87|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$212||$428||$338||$20||$102||$1,100||$92|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$212||$428||$338||$20||$102||$1,100||$92|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$212||$428||$338||$20||$102||$1,100||$92|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$212||$428||$338||$20||$102||$1,100||$92|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$212||$428||$338||$20||$102||$1,100||$92|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$236||$370||$338||$20||$102||$1,066||$89|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$236||$428||$338||$20||$102||$1,124||$94|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$236||$428||$338||$20||$102||$1,124||$94|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$236||$370||$338||$20||$102||$1,066||$89|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$236||$370||$338||$20||$102||$1,066||$89|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$236||$484||$338||$20||$102||$1,180||$98|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$236||$484||$338||$20||$102||$1,180||$98|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$236||$370||$338||$20||$102||$1,066||$89|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$236||$370||$338||$20||$102||$1,066||$89|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$236||$370||$338||$20||$102||$1,066||$89|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$262||$428||$338||$20||$102||$1,150||$96|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$262||$428||$338||$20||$102||$1,150||$96|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$262||$428||$338||$20||$102||$1,150||$96|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$262||$428||$338||$20||$102||$1,150||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can modify auto insurance rates greatly.
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Dodge Ram 2500 insurance prices for each different age group. The data is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Dodge Ram 2500 insurance rates: Men versus women
The illustration below compares Dodge Ram 2500 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Dodge Ram 2500 liability-only versus full coverage
The example below compares Dodge Ram 2500 car insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data is based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no definitive formula for eliminating full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Ram 2500 settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $500 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Shop online but buy locally
Many people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with small agencies is important particularly in Lincoln.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Lincoln who can give free rate quotes for your business. You never need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
When finding a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Lincoln can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to compare quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. A lot of them also have access to small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Lincoln that may be able to give rate quotes.
- Davidson Insurance
5101 N 27th St – Lincoln, NE 68521 – (402) 465-1167 – View Map
- AMS Insurance Center
120 S 29th St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 476-3599 – View Map
- Union Agency Inc
4719 Prescott Ave – Lincoln, NE 68506 – (402) 810-7582 – View Map
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
The following are Lincoln exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
- State Farm® insurance – Dean R Hoy
3883 Normal Blvd – Lincoln, NE 68506 – (402) 489-7171 – View Map
- State Farm: Shawn Kreifels
570 Fallbrook Blvd #111 – Lincoln, NE 68521 – (402) 435-2250 – View Map
- Solomon Halim – State Farm Insurance Agent
4007 S 48th St – Lincoln, NE 68506 – (402) 486-3839 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How many years have they been established?
- How are claims handled?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Lincoln?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is a good match to service your policy.
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
When quoting and choosing a policy, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- What is PIP insurance?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Seven factors that influence insurance premiums
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- Lower rates for married couples – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount on your auto insurance bill. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Tickets mean higher premiums – Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Even a single ticket could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers who have received dangerous tickets like DUI or reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can raise Dodge Ram 2500 insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Good credit saves on auto insurance – An insured’s credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. If your credit rating can be improved, you may save money insuring your Dodge Ram 2500 by repairing your credit. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings.
- Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Most major auto insurance companies provide a discount to customers who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a good possibility that you can find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
- Small coverages can add up – There are quite a few extra coverages that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
- Stay claim-free and save money – Car insurance companies in Nebraska award most affordable rates to people who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Theft deterrents save – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Choosing the best Ram 2500 insurance in Nebraska is an important decision
Even though Lincoln Ram 2500 insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Dodge for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Persistence pays off
We’ve covered many ideas to find cheap Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Lincoln. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding low cost Lincoln auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
There are still a few companies who may not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies sell through independent agencies. Cheaper car insurance in Lincoln is attainable online as well as from independent agents in Lincoln, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection.
More information is available at these links:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much are Lincoln Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)