Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. American drivers could save roughly $860 each year, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
Truthfully, the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from providers in Lincoln. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, get an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as speeding and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for additional tips to find cheap prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper G80 coverage is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the newly selected company. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Buying affordable car insurance in Lincoln is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you have a current car insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the proper methods to buy car insurance using one simple form.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to understand all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide details like whether the vehicles are used for commuting, if you are currently licensed, level of coverage desired, and whether or not you need a SR-22. Your insurance information is instantly sent to multiple different insurance companies and you will get price comparisons immediately.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Lincoln, NE. To find cheap auto insurance in Lincoln, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance is required by state law in Nebraska and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your G80 with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Hyundai at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so it’s important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Online Discount – A few larger companies will give a small break simply for signing on their website.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates as opposed to bad drivers.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- Esurance includes discounts for multi-car, DriveSense, paid-in-full, homeowner, online quote, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, driver training, and bundle.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-car, good driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-vehicle, seat belt use, membership and employees, military active duty, and multi-policy.
- State Farm discounts include anti-theft, good student, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Savings might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Nebraska, click here to view.
Comparing rates from local Lincoln auto insurance agents
Many people would rather buy from a local agent. Agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Lincoln, get answers to these questions.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
When researching a local Lincoln insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can sell and service insurance coverage, but it is important to understand how they are different because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently use the same agent primarily because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Lincoln exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Erik Brooks
1600 Normandy Ct #110 – Lincoln, NE 68512 – (402) 261-3959 – View Map
- Shelter Insurance – Richard Diers
4242 Cornhusker Hwy – Lincoln, NE 68504 – (402) 464-9511 – View Map
- State Farm: Shawn Kreifels
570 Fallbrook Blvd #111 – Lincoln, NE 68521 – (402) 435-2250 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Lincoln who can help you get rate quotes.
- Midwest Regional Agency
201 S 84th St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (800) 873-9713 – View Map
- Forsyth Insurance Agency
1265 S Cotner Blvd #21 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 483-7861 – View Map
- Gary Thompson Agency, Inc.
4200 Lucile Dr a200 – Lincoln, NE 68506 – (402) 475-2609 – View Map
In the end, you can save money
Some companies may not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agents. Cost effective Hyundai G80 insurance can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests and being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, switching insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can shop for Hyundai G80 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with the smaller companies.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Lincoln Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Lincoln Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Males in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)