Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who do rate comparisons will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a great chance of finding lower prices. A recent study showed that drivers who compared prices once a year saved $72 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped around.
If finding low prices for Kia Sorento insurance in Lincoln is the reason you’re reading this, then having an understanding of how to get rate quotes and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find more affordable Kia Sorento insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who sell auto insurance in Lincoln. This can be done by following these steps.
- First, try to learn about how companies set rates and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates like speeding and your credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Once received, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Cheaper Lincoln insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount available very clearly, so below is a list both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles may allow you to get lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Save over 55 – Seniors are able to get reduced rates.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies and place coverage with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer most of these discounts include:
If you want the cheapest Kia Sorento rate quotes, ask each company the best way to save money. Savings might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
Most of the larger companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get prices for coverage on their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Kia Sorento insurance in Lincoln doesn’t take much effort as you simply type in your required coverages into a form. Once you submit the form, their quoting system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote based on the data you entered. The ability to get online quotes for Kia Sorento insurance in Lincoln makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s also necessary to perform this step in order to find the cheapest price.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this guarantees you are getting rate comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Nebraska. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Nebraska?
- Should I rate my Kia Sorento as pleasure use or commute?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
What if I want to buy from local Lincoln insurance agencies?
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is especially important in Lincoln.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Lincoln who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from an insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures to choose from. Agents in Lincoln are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Lincoln that may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. They are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Lincoln that can give you rate quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Lincoln?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How are claims handled?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- How are they compensated?
Three reasons to insure your Kia vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will require that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like theft, damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed and vandalism. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Kia Sorento.
Since many Nebraska drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/25 in Nebraska), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Sorento to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims like bail bonds, attorney fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Nebraska state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The chart below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be adequate.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills like X-ray expenses, nursing services and hospital visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Don’t give up on cheap rates
When getting Lincoln car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
The cheapest Kia Sorento insurance in Lincoln can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Lincoln agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Active Military in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)