To save the most money, the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from companies who sell insurance in Lincoln. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like traffic violations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One tip to remember is to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze all possible companies. This provides a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who do rate comparisons are inclined to switch insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best rates on Mazda CX-7 insurance in Lincoln is why you’re here, then learning a little about how to quote prices and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
Our goal is to teach you a little about how to effectively get price quotes and also save some money in the process If you have insurance now, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the most time-saving way to compare prices online.
Discounts for cheaper auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but some discounts are required to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same auto insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Lincoln drivers who stay claim-free pay much less when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Good Student – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Lincoln car insurance quote. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on CX-7 insurance in Lincoln.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings as much as 30%.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to track driving manner by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Mazda CX-7 insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The data is based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, defensive driver, driver training, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, good student, and air bag.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for type of vehicle, accident-free, multi-policy, good student, age of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, and annual mileage.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and membership and employees.
- AAA may include discounts for anti-theft, multi-car, good driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, anti-theft, passive restraint, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good driver.
If you need affordable Mazda CX-7 insurance quotes, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Lincoln. If you would like to view insurers who offer discounts in Lincoln, click here.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to understand most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with free rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them some information including if you are currently licensed, how many miles driven, your education level, and whether you drive to work or school. The data is sent automatically to multiple different insurance companies and you will receive price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Lincoln, NE. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance analysis for a Mazda CX-7
The price information below outlines a range of coverage costs for Mazda CX-7 models. Learning how prices are figured can be useful when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-7 SV 2WD||$222||$456||$314||$18||$94||$1,104||$92|
|CX-7 Sport 2WD||$250||$456||$314||$18||$94||$1,132||$94|
|CX-7 Touring 2WD||$250||$456||$314||$18||$94||$1,132||$94|
|CX-7 Touring 4WD||$250||$538||$314||$18||$94||$1,214||$101|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 2WD||$278||$538||$314||$18||$94||$1,242||$104|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 4WD||$278||$538||$314||$18||$94||$1,242||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can impact coverage rates substantially.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims influence Mazda CX-7 auto insurance rates for each age group. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Local Lincoln insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find cheaper rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Lincoln.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to find a local Lincoln insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Lincoln are classified as either exclusive or independent. Both types can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. If you need lower rates, you should always include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Lincoln who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
Mid Mex Insurance Inc
1010 South St A – Lincoln, NE 68502 – (402) 438-6800 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. They are trained well on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Lincoln that are able to give price quote information.
American Family Insurance – James L. Brown Agency Inc
4500 Cornhusker Hwy Ste 1 – Lincoln, NE 68504 – (402) 465-0748 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. A good agent in Lincoln will have answers to these questions.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Lincoln?
Find affordable rates by being thorough
You just learned some good ideas how to reduce Mazda CX-7 insurance prices online in Lincoln. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Mazda CX-7 rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with an unexpected company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Cheaper insurance in Lincoln is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional insurance information can be found at the links below
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lincoln Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)