It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who compare rates once a year will, in all likelihood, move their business because they have good chances of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A survey found that drivers who shopped around annually saved as much as $865 annually as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If saving the most money on auto insurance is your intention, then having some insight into how to get price quotes and compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in saving money.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance is to compare quotes once a year from companies who can sell car insurance in Lincoln. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Try to understand car insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause rate increases such as distracted driving and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for information to help keep prices low and find missing discounts.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new agent or company. Don’t forget to place your new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is to try to compare the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get rates from every company you can. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
Cheaper Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance rates in Lincoln
Insurance is expensive, but there may be some discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Mercedes-Benz could earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a new policy early. This can save 10% or more.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance on a new SLS AMG can get you a discount because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
Popular insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- GEICO discounts include emergency military deployment, good student, multi-vehicle, air bags, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, driver’s education, anti-theft, accident-free, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance has savings for good student, renters, safety device, anti-theft, and emergency road assistance.
- The Hartford offers discounts for bundle, anti-theft, good student, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with significant discounts in Lincoln, click this link.
How to lower your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance cost in Lincoln, NE
When comparison shopping, comparing more quotes will increase your chances of finding lower pricing.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Nebraska. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Smart Consumers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
- Big city or small town – Having an address in less populated areas can be a good thing when it comes to insurance. Urban drivers have to deal with more road rage incidents and more severe claims. Lower population translates into fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Lots of insurance companies apply better rates for people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most. Drivers may still save more without the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
- A good credit score can save money – An insured’s credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay. People with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims than those with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG by repairing your credit.
- Poor driving means higher premiums – Being a careful driver impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have gotten careless violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Drive a fast car and pay more – The performance level of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The best insurance prices tend to be for the lowest performance passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Don’t abuse claims – Auto insurance companies in Nebraska generally give the lowest premiums to people who only file infrequent claims. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect higher rates. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Deter vehicle theft – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder car theft.
Buying auto insurance from Lincoln insurance agents
Many people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get better rates but also keep your business local.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Lincoln who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Which family members are covered?
- Does their agency support local causes in Lincoln?
- How long has their agency been open in Lincoln?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Lincoln?
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. They are very knowledgeable on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Lincoln who can help you get price quotes.
American Family Insurance – James L. Brown Agency Inc
4500 Cornhusker Hwy Ste 1 – Lincoln, NE 68504 – (402) 465-0748 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparing auto insurance rates, you need to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Lincoln that can give you rate quotes.
Once you have received positive feedback to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that will service your policy.
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Mercedes-Benz for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your SLS AMG greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Nebraska is overpaying over $865 each year so shop around at every renewal to save money.
You can lower your auto insurance rates
Cost effective Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance can be purchased on the web in addition to many Lincoln insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)