Feel like you have an under-performing, overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are lots of Lincoln residents who feel the same.
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who shop for lower rates will, in all likelihood, switch auto insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding better rates. A recent survey found that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved on average $850 each year compared to other drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the best rates on insurance is why you’re here, then having a grasp of how to choose a company and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
Steps to finding cheaper quotes for Mercury Marauder insurance in Lincoln
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurers that insure vehicles in Lincoln.
- Try to learn about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies. Select a company
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Marauder insurance in Lincoln. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. As soon as you have the new policy, put the certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important part of this process is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually hit you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and find the best price available.
If you currently have auto insurance, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using this strategy. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Lincoln is really not that difficult. Nevertheless, Nebraska car owners can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to sell insurance online and use it to find better rates.
First Step: Get free Mercury Marauder insurance quotes
When quoting car insurance, remember that quoting more increases your odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Lincoln, NE. To buy cheap auto insurance in Lincoln, NE, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Get cheaper Mercury Marauder insurance in Lincoln with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Lincoln auto insurance online.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Student in College – Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a driver safety class could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
Large insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- GEICO discounts include five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- Travelers includes discounts for multi-policy, home ownership, driver training, save driver, payment discounts, student away at school, and good student.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for multi-policy, 55 and retired, safe driver, youthful driver, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including good student, newly retired, new graduate, exclusive group savings, multi-car, new vehicle discount, and multi-policy.
- American Family has savings for Steer into Savings, air bags, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
Double check with all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not apply in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of providers with the best Mercury Marauder insurance discounts in Lincoln, follow this link.
Why you need insurance
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Marauder has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mercury for a lot more money and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance preserves not only your Mercury but also your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your Mercury gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. You are unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Insurance quotes from local Lincoln insurance agencies
Some people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on a insurer should depend on more than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How long has the business existed?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
When researching a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Lincoln can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Lincoln that can give you rate quotes.
American Family Insurance – James L. Brown Agency Inc
4500 Cornhusker Hwy Ste 1 – Lincoln, NE 68504 – (402) 465-0748 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Shown below are Lincoln independent agencies that are able to give price quotes.
3325 A St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 434-0480 – View Map