The best way we recommend to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Lincoln is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers in Nebraska.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher prices such as traffic violations and poor credit can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives ideas to keep prices down and find discounts that may have been missed.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources. Click to view companies
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new insurance company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at every company you can. This ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don't want you shop around. Insureds who shop around at least once a year will probably buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of getting low-cost coverage. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who regularly compared rates saved on average $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding low prices for Nissan Altima insurance in Lincoln is your intention, then having a grasp of the best way to quote and compare coverages can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Most major insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get insurance quotes from their websites. Getting online rates for Nissan Altima insurance in Lincoln doesn't take much effort as you just type in your coverage preferences on the page. Once you submit the form, their quoting system will order reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price.
Quoting online for Nissan Altima insurance in Lincoln makes comparing rates easy, and it's absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the best possible rates on auto insurance.
To save time and compare rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you will have a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Lincoln, NE. To find the best car insurance in Lincoln, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discount Lincoln auto insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all discounts in a way that's easy to find, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that may be available. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Multiple Cars - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same auto insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Pay Early and Save - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving fewer miles can earn substantially lower prices.
- Distant Student Discount - Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Lincoln and won't have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Good Student Discount - Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Lincoln car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- No Claim Discounts - Claim-free drivers can save substantially in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Save with a New Car - Buying a new car instead of a used Altima is cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Altima car insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- State Farm may include discounts for safe vehicle, student away at school, good driver, passive restraint, multiple autos, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include multi-car, alternative fuel, mature driver, pay in full, and teen driver.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, good student, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO offers discounts including seat belt use, anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, air bags, federal employee, and daytime running lights.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, paperless, company car, paid in full, and group or association.
- The Hartford has savings for anti-theft, good student, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, and bundle.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and safe driver.
- USAA includes discounts for annual mileage, vehicle storage, family discount, military installation, and new vehicle.
When getting free Lincoln car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not be offered in Lincoln. To see a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Nebraska, click this link.
Rates and statistics
The rate table displayed below showcases a range of insurance premium costs for Nissan Altima models. Being aware of how insurance policy rates are established helps drivers make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$388||$404||$24||$122||$1,148||$96|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$456||$404||$24||$122||$1,216||$101|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$456||$404||$24||$122||$1,242||$104|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$236||$456||$458||$28||$136||$1,314||$110|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$456||$404||$24||$122||$1,242||$104|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$236||$526||$458||$28||$136||$1,384||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease prices significantly.
An analysis of deductible level
When buying auto insurance, a common question is where to set your physical damage deductibles. The comparison tables below lay out the rate difference when you choose different physical damage deductibles. The first set of rates uses a $250 deductible and the second set of rates uses a $1,000 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$390||$300||$18||$90||$1,055||$88|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$460||$300||$18||$90||$1,125||$94|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$460||$300||$18||$90||$1,155||$96|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$262||$460||$338||$20||$102||$1,207||$101|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$460||$300||$18||$90||$1,155||$96|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$262||$530||$338||$20||$102||$1,277||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$144||$246||$300||$18||$90||$798||$67|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$144||$290||$300||$18||$90||$842||$70|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$290||$300||$18||$90||$860||$72|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$162||$290||$338||$20||$102||$912||$76|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$290||$300||$18||$90||$860||$72|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$162||$334||$338||$20||$102||$956||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific location which can revise insurance rates noticeably.
Based on these figures, using a $250 deductible will cost in the ballpark of $24 more each month or $288 each year averaged for all Altima models than opting for the higher $1,000 deductible. Since you would pay $750 more if you file a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you normally average more than 31 months between claim filings, you would probably be better off if you decide on a higher deductible.
How to calculate deductible break even point
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$97|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||- $73|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$24|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 - $250):||$750|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$750 / $24|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||31 months|
One important issue to know is that raising deductibles means you will have to cover more of the damage yourself when you do file a claim. You need some extra savings in the event you have to pay more to get your vehicle repaired.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Nissan Altima insurance costs for each age group. The data is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Nissan Altima liability rates compared to full coverage
The illustration below shows the comparison of Nissan Altima auto insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There isn't a steadfast formula to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Nissan Altima claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing you more than $500 a year for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Neighborhood agents and insurance
Many people would prefer to have an agent's advice and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Lincoln who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You'll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Selecting a company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local Lincoln insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their company's products which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Lincoln that are able to give price quote information.
- Gale Breed - State Farm Insurance Agent
8421 Amber Hill Ct #1 - Lincoln, NE 68526 - (402) 483-2802 - View Map
- Karen Williams - State Farm Insurance Agent
233 N 48th St o - Lincoln, NE 68504 - (402) 434-6050 - View Map
- Nicole Simon - State Farm Insurance Agent
4400 S 70th St #130 - Lincoln, NE 68516 - (402) 483-4441 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you absolutely need to contact independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below are Lincoln independent agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Davidson Insurance
5101 N 27th St - Lincoln, NE 68521 - (402) 465-1167 - View Map
- Mid Mex Insurance Inc
1010 South St A - Lincoln, NE 68502 - (402) 438-6800 - View Map
- Barney Insurance-Lincoln
701 N 48th St - Lincoln, NE 68504 - (402) 467-4633 - View Map
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Lincoln
Many things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
Tickets drive up premiums - Getting just one speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers who don't get tickets get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have received dangerous tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
The example below shows how violations and at-fault accidents can affect Nissan Altima insurance costs for each different age category. The rates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- What are good liability insurance limits? - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
More performance means more cost - The type of car you need insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest rates are usually found on smaller low performance passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following data is based on a single male driver age 40, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Nissan Altima policy rates compared to other models that have a range of performance risks.
- Raise deductibles and save - Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- More annual miles equals more premium - The more you drive in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. Improper usage on your Altima is throwing money out the window. It's always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy is showing the right rating data.
- Never let your policy expire - Driving without insurance coverage in place can get your license suspended and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Lower premiums for safer cars - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums. If the Nissan Altima scored better than an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
Gender as a rate factor - Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn't mean males are worse at driving than females. Women and men cause accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
The illustration below shows the difference between Nissan Altima insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance losses for a Nissan Altima - Companies analyze the history of losses in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher premium rates. The data below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Nissan Altima vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater point to more losses or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Altima Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Altima 110 97 119 144 147 114BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Altima, most lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Find affordable rates by being thorough
Budget-conscious Nissan Altima insurance can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in Lincoln, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers work with independent insurance agencies.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims, policy cancellation and denial of a claim. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to find cheap Nissan Altima insurance in Lincoln. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Lincoln car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies.
Additional information can be found below:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Lincoln Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)