We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for a cheaper policy will most likely switch car insurance companies because the odds are good of finding lower rate quotes. A recent study showed that consumers who compared rates once a year saved on average $865 a year compared to those who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then understanding how to get price quotes and compare coverages can help simplify the process.
Really, the only way to get cheaper Pontiac Solstice insurance in Lincoln is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who can sell car insurance in Nebraska.
- Gain an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many things that cause rate increases like traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Solstice insurance in Lincoln. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. Be sure to put the certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
To get affordable Pontiac Solstice insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rate quotes from different companies. The easiest way by far to find affordable Pontiac Solstice insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Comparing free rates online is easy and it, makes it a waste of time to call or drive to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing Pontiac Solstice insurance rates online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a complicated situation and need the personal advice of a local Lincoln agent. Although you can comparison shop your insurance online but purchase the actual policy in an agency. When comparison shopping, obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Lincoln, NE. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Lincoln, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Save money with these premium slashing discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give lower premium rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive a small discount on rates.
- Early Switch Discount – Select larger companies give a discount for switching to them early. It could save around 10% when you buy Lincoln car insurance online.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, air bags, and anti-theft.
- MetLife includes discounts for good student, claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, multiple policy, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include good student, multi-policy, multi-car, ease of repair, accident-free, good driver, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century offers discounts including theft prevention, 55 and older, teen driver, homeowners, air bags, early bird, and automatic seat belts.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for farm vehicle, 55 and retired, passive restraint, early signing, and premier discount.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurers with significant discounts in Nebraska, click this link.
Five Tips to Get More Affordable Lincoln Insurance Costs
Many factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
- Drive fewer miles and save – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your car insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your Solstice can cost quite a bit.
- Do you need those extra policy coverages? – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Coverages for roadside assistance, towing, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Do you have enough liability? – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you if you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Prevent your car from being stolen – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent vehicle theft.
- Good credit scores equal low costs – Your credit rating can be an important factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit score is low, you could pay less to insure your Pontiac Solstice by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores.