Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who perform rate comparisons are inclined to move their business because there is a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey revealed that people who routinely shopped around saved approximately $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance in Lincoln is your objective, then knowing how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can make shopping around easier.
To save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates in Lincoln is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers that insure vehicles in Nebraska.
Step 1: Read about individual coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like distracted driving and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for the details to get low prices and earn larger discounts.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Kizashi insurance in Lincoln. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new agent or company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at all possible companies. This provides a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Our objective is to familiarize you with how auto insurance companies operate and some tips to save money. If you are already insured, you will be able to reduce premiums using this information. Drivers just need to know the fastest way to get comparison rates from multiple carriers.
Components of Your Suzuki Kizashi Insurance Costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you better car insurance rates. Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but some are not as apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine your rates.
- Poor credit can mean higher premiums – A driver’s credit score can be an important factor in your rate calculation. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Suzuki Kizashi by improving your rating.
Premiums go up with performance – The performance of the car or truck you own makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Economy passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but your final cost has many other factors.
The following data is based on a married male driver age 50, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Suzuki Kizashi insurance premiums compared to other makes and models that have different risk factors.
- Save money by raising deductibles – Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply would be colliding with a building, flood damage, or theft. The deductibles define how much you are required to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. The more expense the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Careless driving leads to higher prices – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Even one ticket can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers who have flagrant violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can increase Suzuki Kizashi annual premium costs for each age group. Data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- Lower rates for safer cars – Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums. If your Suzuki Kizashi earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Your spouse saves you money – Walking down the aisle actually saves money on your car insurance bill. It is viewed as being more mature and responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Stress out and pay more – Occupational choices like fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and dentists generally pay higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, careers like farmers, students and the unemployed get better rates.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Lots of companies will give lower prices to policyholders who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare other Lincoln Kizashi insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Lincoln, NE. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Lincoln, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Insurance coverage analysis
The premium information shown next covers different insurance costs for Suzuki Kizashi models. Learning how auto insurance prices are figured can be useful when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Kizashi S AWD||$184||$246||$392||$24||$118||$964||$80|
|Kizashi SE AWD||$184||$290||$392||$24||$118||$1,008||$84|
|Kizashi GTS AWD||$184||$290||$392||$24||$118||$1,008||$84|
|Kizashi SLS AWD||$206||$290||$392||$24||$118||$1,030||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can impact prices noticeably.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Suzuki Kizashi insurance costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the high cost, insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Kizashi with a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Suzuki at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Nebraska overpays more than $865 each year so compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Discount Lincoln insurance quotes
Insurance can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but a few must be manually applied in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Professional Memberships – Joining a qualifying organization could trigger savings on insurance.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can get you a discount because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Suzuki Kizashi insurance prices with and without discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
To view insurers that offer many of these discounts in Nebraska, follow this link.
Buying from insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Lincoln.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Types of auto insurance agents in Lincoln
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can write policy coverage, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to include a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agents in Lincoln that may be able to provide rate quotes.
Midwest Insurance Group
4333 S 48th St – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 489-9595 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. These agents are trained well on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
The following are Lincoln exclusive agencies who can help you get price quote information.
Picking the best insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. A good agent in Lincoln will have answers to these questions.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- If they are an independent agency in Lincoln, which companies do they recommend?
After you get answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that can service your policy.
Lincoln auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with the best car insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Nebraska. The company ratings in the lists below could help you analyze which auto insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Suzuki Kizashi to commute?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Suzuki Kizashi is totaled?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Quote often and quote early
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to shop for Suzuki Kizashi insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest auto insurance rates are with the least-expected company.
The cheapest Suzuki Kizashi insurance in Lincoln can be purchased on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Lincoln auto insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not have online rate quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More detailed car insurance information can be found by following these links:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Lincoln Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Uber Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Males in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)