To save the most money, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Lincoln is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Nebraska. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives instructions to get low prices and get bigger discounts.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who perform rate comparisons are very likely to switch auto insurance companies because they stand a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared rates annually saved over $865 annually compared to those who never compared rates.
If finding the most affordable insurance in Lincoln is your ultimate objective, then understanding how to find and compare auto insurance can make the process more efficient.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Nebraska. If your goal is to find the best cheap auto insurance in NE, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with better auto insurance rates. Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
No policy claims equals better premiums – If you are a frequent claim filer, you should expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in Nebraska give lower rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Bad credit will cost you – Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. So if your credit rating can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Dodge Durango by improving your rating. People that have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores.
Marriage is a factor – Having a significant other may cut your premiums when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Does auto insurance cost more for men? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Men and women tend to get into auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Dodge Durango insurance loss statistics – Insurers analyze past claim statistics to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that are shown to have higher losses will have higher rates.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Dodge Durango vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Specific Dodge Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD||88||110||91||104||90||100|
|Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD||90||115||97||92||93||102|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect your Dodge vehicle and other assets
Even though Lincoln Durango insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Nebraska and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Durango, almost all lenders will force you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also cover medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Durango definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $830 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to save money.