The preferred way to get budget auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who sell insurance in Lincoln.
- Step 1: Read and learn about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies. Click to view companies
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Lucerne insurance in Lincoln. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who shop around for a cheaper policy are likely to switch car insurance companies because the odds are good of finding discount prices. A recent study showed that people who compared rates annually saved over $72 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance is your target objective, then having an understanding of how to get rate quotes and compare insurance premiums can help you be more efficient.
It’s important to know that comparing more prices increases your odds of finding a better price. Not every company provides online rate quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare quotes from them as well.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Nebraska. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Lincoln, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Lincoln car insurance online. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Lincoln Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new Lucerne can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home at college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best insurance rates compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
The example below illustrates the difference between Buick Lucerne insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, good student, multiple autos, driver’s education, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, federal employee, anti-theft, membership and employees, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including preferred payment discount, new move discount, newly married, newly retired, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, and new graduate.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle fuel type, good student, defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, and air bag.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, defensive driver, good student, good driver, multi-policy, accident-free
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
Check with each company which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Rates and other information
The premium table shown next covers estimates of coverage costs for Buick Lucerne models. Learning more about how car insurance prices are established is important for drivers to make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lucerne CXL Special Edition||$126||$284||$288||$18||$86||$802||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise coverage rates substantially.
The example below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Buick Lucerne premium costs for each different age group. The data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The information below visualizes the comparison of Buick Lucerne insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no set rule for dropping physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Buick Lucerne replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $400 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
How do Insurers Determine Buick Lucerne Insurance Costs?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that help determine the price you pay for insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in cheaper rates. Lots of things are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, although others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
Small claims can cost you – If you file claims often, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Nebraska provide most affordable rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
City dwellers may pay more – Having an address in less populated areas is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims.
Can a thief steal your car? – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Safer vehicles save money – Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. These vehicles reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
Youthful driver insurance premiums – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit. Drivers with little experience tend to be less responsible when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
The following data is based on a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Coverage lapses lead to higher insurance rates – Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time. You may need to file a SR-22 with the Nebraska motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Why do you need liability protection? – Liability insurance will afford coverage when you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
How many coverages with the same company – Most insurance companies provide a discount to policyholders who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, you still need to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Consumers may save more without the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Lincoln who will give you bids for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Lincoln, get answers to these questions.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Lincoln?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Lincoln?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Nebraska?
If you are searching for an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Agencies in Lincoln are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents partially due to the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
The following are Lincoln exclusive agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Mitchell Happ
6100 S 58th St e – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 420-5590 – View Map
- State Farm® insurance – Dean R Hoy
3883 Normal Blvd – Lincoln, NE 68506 – (402) 489-7171 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Linde Matthiesen
245 S 84th St #117 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 489-7799 – View Map
These agents are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s a good idea to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Lincoln who can help you get price quotes.
- Advantage Insurance Agency
505 N 27th St #2 – Lincoln, NE 68503 – (402) 484-5454 – View Map
- Mittelstadt Agency LLC
1701 K St – Lincoln, NE 68508 – (402) 434-3990 – View Map
- Zimmer Insurance Group
3230 S 13th St – Lincoln, NE 68502 – (402) 423-6262 – View Map
Cheap car insurance is out there
Discount Buick Lucerne insurance in Lincoln is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Lincoln, so you need to shop Lincoln car insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to reduce Buick Lucerne insurance rates online in Lincoln. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal or even poor customer service. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Additional information is available at the links below
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)