Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in Lincoln could save themselves 30% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The best way we recommend to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Lincoln is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies in Nebraska.
- Read and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives more details to help reduce prices and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources. View prices
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Bolt EV coverage is available. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the newly selected company. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
All major insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get insurance quotes on the web. Doing online price comparisons for Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Lincoln is pretty painless as you just type in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. Upon sending the form, the system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price determined by many factors.
This streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find a lower rate.
To compare rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This way, you will get a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Nebraska. If you want cheap car insurance in Lincoln, NE, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy Bolt EV has a lienholder, most banks will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Save money with discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before being credited.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can get you a discount because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your bill.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy could be rewarded with slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military can result in better car insurance rates.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But all discounts will help reduce the premium cost.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts include:
- GEICO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, driver training, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, and membership and employees.
- MetLife may have discounts that include claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, good student, and good driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, Drive Safe & Save, good student, anti-theft, accident-free, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for accident-free, ease of repair, multi-policy, multi-car, annual mileage, anti-theft, and age of vehicle.
- 21st Century offers discounts including air bags, 55 and older, driver training, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate offers discounts for farm vehicle, premier discount, FullPay discount, anti-theft, premier plus, and resident student.
If you need cheaper Lincoln car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in every state. If you would like to view car insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Nebraska, click this link.
Insurance quotes from local Lincoln insurance agencies
Many drivers just want to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local insurance agents is still important in Lincoln.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choose the right car insurance agent
If you want a local Lincoln insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Lincoln are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand why they differ because it can factor into the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not write with just one company so they can write business through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing insurance rates, you definitely need to include rate quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Lincoln that can possibly get you free insurance quotes.
- MIAA – Midwest Insurance Agency Alliance
6120 Havelock Ave – Lincoln, NE 68507 – (402) 467-5355 – View Map
- Barney Insurance-Lincoln
701 N 48th St – Lincoln, NE 68504 – (402) 467-4633 – View Map
- Copple Insurance Agency, Inc.
1640 L St – Lincoln, NE 68508 – (402) 475-3213 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Lincoln willing to provide price quotes.
- State Farm: Genny Noerrlinger
6710 L St #110 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 488-7855 – View Map
- State Farm: Shawn Kreifels
570 Fallbrook Blvd #111 – Lincoln, NE 68521 – (402) 435-2250 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Ben Bolte Agency Inc
5815 S 58th St Ste A – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 441-4222 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Quote often and quote early
Discount Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Lincoln can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Lincoln agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we presented many ways to reduce Chevy Bolt EV insurance prices online in Lincoln. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)