How long has it been since you sat down and looked for more competitive Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Lincoln? Saving money on Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Lincoln might be kind of frustrating for people not familiar with quoting and comparing prices online. Drivers have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can be a chore to find the lowest price on Dodge Grand Caravan insurance.
Steps to buying cheaper Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Lincoln
The best way we recommend to get more affordable Dodge Grand Caravan insurance is to compare prices annually from companies that sell auto insurance in Lincoln. This can be done by following these steps.
- Read and learn about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices such as inattentive driving and poor credit can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use identical coverages on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who compare other prices are highly likely to move their business because they stand a good chance of finding discount prices. A survey found that people who routinely compared quotes saved over $850 each year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving money on Dodge Grand Caravan insurance is your ultimate objective, then learning a little about how to find and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
You should take the time to quote other rates before your policy renews because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best rates on Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Lincoln at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. You can find a lot of information about Grand Caravan insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you some great ideas on how to buy insurance cheaper in Lincoln.
Cheaper rates with these rate reducing discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be significant discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you quote, but a few must be asked for before being credited.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data submission to look at their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Student in College – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Lincoln and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next insurance statement.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies with one company you may save up to 20% off your total Grand Caravan insurance premium.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will positively reduce the cost of coverage.
The chart below shows the difference between Dodge Grand Caravan car insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies that may offer these discounts include:
If you want low cost Lincoln car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Lincoln. To see a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Nebraska, follow this link.
To find affordable Dodge Grand Caravan insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from all the different companies. The quickest method to comparison shop involves getting comparison quotes online.
Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies will improve the odds of getting more affordable insurance.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Nebraska. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in NE, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Premium rates and analysis
The coverage information shown below covers detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Dodge Grand Caravan models. Having insight into how insurance prices are calculated can benefit drivers when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Caravan CV||$178||$266||$282||$16||$84||$826||$69|
|Grand Caravan SE||$178||$266||$282||$16||$84||$826||$69|
|Grand Caravan Hero||$178||$324||$282||$16||$84||$884||$74|
|Grand Caravan Crew||$202||$324||$282||$16||$84||$908||$76|
|Grand Caravan SXT||$202||$324||$282||$16||$84||$908||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise auto insurance rates significantly.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Grand Caravan premium costs with full coverage compared to only the Nebraska minimum liability coverage. Data assumes no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no set guideline to eliminate full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Grand Caravan settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $800 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance Price Factors
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but some are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower premium levels.
Avoid traffic tickets – Whether or not you get tickets influences premium rates substantially. Attentive drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Just one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have received multiple tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions drive up Dodge Grand Caravan insurance costs for each age group. The data is based on a married female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- How much liability – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if ever you are found liable for an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Lower rates for married couples – Being married helps lower the price on your policy. Having a significant other translates into being more stable financially and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Stress out and pay more – Careers like doctors, architects, and accountants are shown to have higher premium rates in part from high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, professions such as professors, engineers and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Deter car thieves – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a huge difference in your premium level. The cheapest insurance rates will normally be found when insuring lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The following data uses these assumptions: single male driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Dodge Grand Caravan car insurance rates compared to other models that have different performance risks.
Does car insurance cost more for men? – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn’t prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males are in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage so they pay the highest premiums.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Grand Caravan insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
- Prices may be higher where you live – Residing in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated Nebraska areas regularly have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Spending more time driving translates into higher accident risk.
Dodge Grand Caravan insurance loss probability – Insurers factor in insurance loss information when they file their rates in each state. Models that the data determines to have higher losses will be charged more to insure. The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Dodge Grand Caravan vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Grand Caravan 79 104 81 108 108 107BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agents near you
Some people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is you can get cheaper premium rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in Lincoln who will give competitive quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in Lincoln should have no problem answering these questions:
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Where are claims handled?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Nebraska?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Grand Caravan insurance, paying for auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Dodge Grand Caravan with a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Which car insurance company is best in Lincoln?
Buying coverage from a good quality car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Lincoln. The company rank data in the lists below may help you pick which providers to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Affordable auto insurance prices are available
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices and denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
Discount Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Lincoln can be purchased online and with local Lincoln insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to buy lower priced Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Lincoln
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost Dodge Grand Caravan insurance is to compare quotes annually from companies in Lincoln.
- Learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Lincoln. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. Once coverage is bound, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
An important note is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. This enables a level playing field and the best price selection.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Males in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lincoln Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)