The recommended way to find better pricing on car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who sell auto insurance in Lincoln. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to learn a little about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like careless driving and a low credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives additional ideas to prevent high prices and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
Shocking but true, the vast majority of Nebraska auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and just under half have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could save roughly $859 each year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Lincoln can be much easier if you know how to start. If you have coverage now, you will surely be able to save money using the tips covered below. Nevertheless, Nebraska consumers benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
The are a couple different ways of comparing price quotes from lots of Nebraska insurance companies. The quickest method to lower the rate you pay for insurance consists of shopping online.
When comparison shopping, comparing more prices provides better odds of finding a lower rate. Some regional insurers cannot provide Lincoln Golf SportWagen insurance quotes online, so you should also compare prices from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Lincoln, NE. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rates from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Score discounts on Lincoln insurance
Car insurance companies don’t always list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- E-sign Discounts – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on your computer.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Club Memberships – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Lincoln could earn you a nice discount when getting a Lincoln car insurance quote.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to view insurers with discount rates in Nebraska, click this link.
Local Lincoln insurance agencies
Many drivers still like to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find better rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Lincoln who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
Best auto insurance agent in Lincoln
If you want to buy insurance from an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents from which to choose. Lincoln agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Lincoln that can give you comparison quotes.
- Shelter Insurance – Richard Diers
4242 Cornhusker Hwy – Lincoln, NE 68504 – (402) 464-9511 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Linde Matthiesen
245 S 84th St #117 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 489-7799 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – James L. Brown Agency Inc
4500 Cornhusker Hwy Ste 1 – Lincoln, NE 68504 – (402) 465-0748 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need lower rates, you will want to contact several independent agencies to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through companies you’ve never heard of which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Lincoln that are able to give rate quotes.
- Davidson Insurance
5101 N 27th St – Lincoln, NE 68521 – (402) 465-1167 – View Map
- INSPRO Insurance
4000 Pine Lake Rd – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 483-4500 – View Map
- MIAA – Midwest Insurance Agency Alliance
6120 Havelock Ave – Lincoln, NE 68507 – (402) 467-5355 – View Map
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- How much liability coverage do I need in Nebraska?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Lower Your Lincoln Insurance Rates
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to big savings.
The factors shown below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Prices for males may be higher – Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Both genders are in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- How credit score affects auto insurance costs – Credit score is a big factor in determining premium rates. People that have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores. If your credit rating can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Volkswagen Golf SportWagen by repairing your credit.
- When should you file policy claims? – If you file claims often, you should expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Nebraska provide lower rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- No auto insurance gaps is important – Driving with no insurance is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Prevent your car from being stolen – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent car theft.
- Being married equates to better prices – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your auto insurance bill. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen Golf SportWagen in Lincoln, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volkswagen Golf SportWagen has a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Volkswagen at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Nebraska is overpaying more than $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Be persistent and save
When getting Lincoln car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents. Cheaper Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Lincoln can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Lincoln agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to shop for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even discover the best rates are with a small local company.
More learning opportunities
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lincoln Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)