It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop rates annually are highly likely to buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent study showed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved about $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding low prices for auto insurance in Lincoln is your target objective, then having a good understanding how to find companies and compare insurance coverage can make the process less intimidating.
The easiest way to get low-cost Ford F-150 insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who sell insurance in Lincoln.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like your driving record and a negative credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides instructions to help prevent high rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed application and payment for your new policy. Once received, keep the new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Comparing quotes for the best car insurance policy in Lincoln is simple if you know the tricks. Essentially every driver who shops for car insurance will probably be able to cut their insurance bill. But Nebraska drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies calculate your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
Car insurance policy discounts for Ford F-150 insurance in Lincoln
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Lincoln Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select car insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Lincoln auto insurance depending on your company.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce your car insurance premiums.
The information below illustrates the difference between Ford F-150 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
If you would like to view companies with the best discounts in Lincoln, click here to view.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more quotes helps you find a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Lincoln, NE. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance rate breakdown
The table displayed next highlights detailed analysis of policy rates for Ford F-150 models. Learning a little about how insurance policy rates are formulated can be of help when making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$122||$182||$362||$22||$108||$796||$66|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$122||$232||$362||$22||$108||$846||$71|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$122||$232||$362||$22||$108||$846||$71|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$122||$232||$362||$22||$108||$846||$71|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$122||$232||$362||$22||$108||$846||$71|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$140||$232||$362||$22||$108||$864||$72|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$140||$232||$362||$22||$108||$864||$72|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$140||$232||$362||$22||$108||$864||$72|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$140||$232||$362||$22||$108||$864||$72|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$140||$232||$362||$22||$108||$864||$72|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$140||$232||$362||$22||$108||$864||$72|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$140||$232||$362||$22||$108||$864||$72|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$140||$232||$362||$22||$108||$864||$72|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$158||$232||$362||$22||$108||$882||$74|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$158||$232||$362||$22||$108||$882||$74|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$158||$232||$362||$22||$108||$882||$74|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$158||$282||$362||$22||$108||$932||$78|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$158||$282||$362||$22||$108||$932||$78|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$158||$282||$362||$22||$108||$932||$78|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$158||$282||$362||$22||$108||$932||$78|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$158||$282||$362||$22||$108||$932||$78|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$158||$282||$362||$22||$108||$932||$78|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$158||$282||$362||$22||$108||$932||$78|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$158||$282||$362||$22||$108||$932||$78|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$158||$282||$362||$22||$108||$932||$78|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$158||$332||$362||$22||$108||$982||$82|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$158||$332||$362||$22||$108||$982||$82|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$158||$332||$362||$22||$108||$982||$82|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$176||$332||$362||$22||$108||$1,000||$83|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$176||$332||$362||$22||$108||$1,000||$83|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$176||$332||$362||$22||$108||$1,000||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can change coverage prices significantly.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The example below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no definitive guideline for dropping comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford F-150 claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you and your insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can good grades get a discount?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance agents can help
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local. And providing support for local insurance agencies is important particularly in Lincoln.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Lincoln who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
The following is a list of insurers in Lincoln who can help you get rate quotes for Ford F-150 insurance in Lincoln.
- Advantage Insurance Agency
505 N 27th St #2 – Lincoln, NE 68503 – (402) 484-5454 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Ken Richards
3100 O St #3 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 420-5355 – View Map
- State Farm: Genny Noerrlinger
6710 L St #110 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 488-7855 – View Map
- Copple Insurance Agency, Inc.
1640 L St – Lincoln, NE 68508 – (402) 475-3213 – View Map
Deciding on an company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Lincoln?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
If you receive good responses for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found a company that can be relied on to insure your vehicles. Keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can cancel a policy for any reason so don’t think you are locked into the auto insurance policy for any length of time.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
Lower-priced auto insurance in Lincoln can be found on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Lincoln auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can lower your Ford F-150 insurance prices in Lincoln. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Ford F-150 rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices come from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you quote Lincoln auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Lincoln, Nebraska? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lincoln Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Uber Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)