Are you tired of trying to scrape together enough money to pay your insurance bill each month? You are no different than millions of other drivers.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for better prices are inclined to move their business because they have good chances of finding better rates. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved over $3,450 over four years compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding the best price on insurance in Lincoln is the reason you’re here, then having some knowledge of how to find and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier.
Since you have so many companies and agents to choose from, it can be impossible to locate the lowest price insurance company.
It’s important to take a look at other company’s rates at least once a year because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best deal on Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Lincoln six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best way to find great coverage at a great price.
Finding affordable coverage in Lincoln is easy if you know what you’re doing. In a nutshell, anyone who quotes insurance will most likely find better rates. But Nebraska vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Just keep in mind that comparing more quotes helps locate lower pricing.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Nebraska. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Lincoln, NE, we recommend you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Nebraska and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Fusion Energi has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Get cheaper rates on Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Lincoln with these auto insurance discounts
Some providers do not advertise every available discount very clearly, so the list below contains some of the more common and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings.
- Student in College – Children who are attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Ford could earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Fusion Energi insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military can result in better prices.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new Fusion Energi can get you a discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to study when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will cut your policy cost.
A list of companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, safe vehicle, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and defensive driving training.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, good student, and distant student.
- GEICO discounts include defensive driver, air bags, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, and daytime running lights.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good student, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, good driver, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, and early bird.
- Nationwide has savings for family plan, easy pay, business or organization, defensive driving, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online signing, and online quote discount.
If you want affordable Lincoln car insurance quotes, ask each company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts might not apply everywhere. To locate insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Nebraska, click here to view.