The preferred way to find low-cost prices for Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Lincoln is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who can sell car insurance in Nebraska. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Accord Hybrid insurance in Lincoln. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. When you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use identical coverages on each quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around annually will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a cheaper policy. A recent study showed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved as much as $865 annually as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the best rates on car insurance is your goal, then having a grasp of the best way to compare cheaper coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
Buying the most affordable protection in Lincoln can be fairly easy. Essentially everyone who comparison shops for insurance will find a lower-cost policy. But Nebraska car owners do need to understand how the larger insurance companies calculate your policy premium and apply this information to your search.
Car insurance providers offering competitive rates in Nebraska
The car insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Lincoln, NE. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in Nebraska, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Score discounts on Lincoln auto insurance
Some insurers do not list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Accord Hybrid insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- E-sign – A few insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application online.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring all your vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to spy on their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- College Student – Kids living away from Lincoln attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Lincoln auto insurance quote.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Insurance companies that have these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Double check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To see insurers that offer multiple discounts in Nebraska, click here.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When buying coverage, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is the minimum liability in Nebraska?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Nebraska?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Exclusive or independent insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local agencies is still important in Lincoln.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Lincoln who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents in Lincoln are considered either exclusive or independent.
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Lincoln who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
- Independent Insurance Agents
8231 Northwoods Dr # B – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 476-2951 – View Map
- Stuchlik and Associates Insurance
130 Cherry Hill Blvd – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 489-8990 – View Map
- Copple Insurance Agency, Inc.
1640 L St – Lincoln, NE 68508 – (402) 475-3213 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Lincoln that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Paul Johnson – State Farm Insurance Agent
5533 S 27th St #204 – Lincoln, NE 68512 – (402) 420-2288 – View Map
- State Farm: Shawn Kreifels
570 Fallbrook Blvd #111 – Lincoln, NE 68521 – (402) 435-2250 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Douglas Kruce
5730 R St Ste D – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 423-1224 – View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. A good agent in Lincoln will have answers to these questions.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Nebraska?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Lincoln?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
Affordable auto insurance prices are available
We just presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Lincoln. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Honda Accord Hybrid rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More information can be found at the links below
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)