Unbelievable but true according to a study most drivers in Nebraska kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. American consumers can cut their rates by approximately $850 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
The recommended way to get more affordable Honda CR-Z insurance is to do an annual price comparison from providers that sell auto insurance in Lincoln.
- Spend some time learning about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a low credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper CR-Z coverage is available. If you find a better price, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the newly selected company. Be sure to safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on every quote request and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Lincoln can be much easier if you know how to start. Basically, everyone who is shopping for insurance stands a good chance to be able to reduce their rates. Nevertheless, Nebraska car owners do need to know the way companies calculate their prices.
Cheap Honda insurance rates in Lincoln
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Lincoln, NE. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Lincoln, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Insurance policy discounts for Honda CR-Z insurance in Lincoln
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount available very clearly, so below is a list some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Lincoln car insurance online.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less when compared with bad drivers.
- Renewal Discounts – Select insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current CR-Z insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure several vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Good Drivers – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Honda may allow you to get substantially lower insurance rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The best insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and driver’s education.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, multi-policy, safety features, good student, and preferred payment discount.
- American Family discounts include TimeAway discount, accident-free, good student, good driver, defensive driver, and air bags.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for homeowner, electronic funds transfer, good student, early shopping, multi-car, alternative fuel, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for paperless, company car, safe vehicle, student away at school, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- SAFECO offers discounts for drive less, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, homeowner, and multi-car.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company the best way to save money. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Nebraska, click here.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Lincoln auto insurance agent
Some people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Lincoln who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Lincoln, get answers to these questions.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Nebraska?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
When researching a local agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lincoln willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing insurance rates, you will want to compare prices from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Lincoln willing to provide comparison quotes.
Midwest Insurance Group
4333 S 48th St – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 489-9595 – View Map
3325 A St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 434-0480 – View Map
Insurance coverages explained
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your CR-Z resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your CR-Z to bring the cost down.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Honda CR-Z.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like theft, damage from getting keyed and damage from flooding. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like legal defense fees, attorney fees and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford. Nebraska state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses such as surgery, hospital visits, pain medications and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Lincoln car insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Lincoln. The company ratings shown below could help you pick which auto insurers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Compare but don’t skimp
When you buy Lincoln car insurance online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford.
We just presented a lot of information how to shop for Honda CR-Z insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Budget-conscious Honda CR-Z insurance is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much are Lincoln Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)