Do you want a faster way to compare more competitive auto insurance rates in Lincoln, NE? Lincoln consumers have many options when looking for low-cost Hummer H3 insurance. You can either waste hours calling around trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to buy auto insurance so you’re going to learn the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Hummer and obtain the cheapest rates from Lincoln insurance agents and online providers.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes yearly because prices change regularly. Just because you found the lowest rates on Hummer H3 insurance in Lincoln last year there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to use online quotes to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Finding a better price on car insurance is pretty simple and can save money. All that’s required is to take time to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies.
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Lincoln, NE. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Lincoln, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Get cheaper rates by earning discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Lincoln car insurance quote.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current H3 insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Onboard Data Collection – Lincoln drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to look at vehicle usage by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Hummer H3 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The costs are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To choose companies with discount rates in Nebraska, click here to view.
Hummer H3 detailed coverage information
The coverage information shown below outlines estimates of insurance rates for Hummer H3 models. Having a good grasp of how car insurance premiums are formulated can help guide drivers when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|H3 Adventure Package 4WD||$224||$450||$338||$20||$102||$1,134||$95|
|H3 Luxury Package 4WD||$224||$450||$338||$20||$102||$1,134||$95|
|H3 Alpha 4WD||$250||$450||$338||$20||$102||$1,160||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in your specific Lincoln location which can revise price quotes greatly.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Hummer H3 insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The illustration below compares Hummer H3 insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no exact rule for excluding full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Hummer H3 settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Save Money with These Tips
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower insurance prices.
Gender as a rate factor – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Women and men are in fender benders at about the same rate, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
The example below shows the comparison of Hummer H3 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
- Your location is important – Being located in a rural area can be a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Younger drivers cost more – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets. Inexperience drivers have been known to be easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
The following data assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Pay less with a high IIHS safety rating – Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums. If your Hummer H3 scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent insurance claims – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in Nebraska generally give most affordable rates to people who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
- Alarm systems save money – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
Drive a fast vehicle and pay more – The performance of the car you own makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The most favorable rates will normally be found when insuring small economy passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The following data assumes a married male driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Hummer H3 rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of performance risks.
- How do annual miles impact prices? – The more you drive your Hummer in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Most companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Improper usage on your H3 can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your insurance policy shows the right rating data, because it can save money.
Local agents and insurance
A small number of people just want to have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local agencies is still important in Lincoln.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Lincoln who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You don’t have to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you can always visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
When narrowing the list to find a local Lincoln insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures from which to choose. Agencies in Lincoln are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the difference between them because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to check rates from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a partial list of independent agents in Lincoln that may be able to give comparison quotes.
- Jeff Munns Agency, Inc.
1617 Normandy Ct #102 – Lincoln, NE 68512 – (402) 436-2140 – View Map
- Forsyth Insurance Agency
1265 S Cotner Blvd #21 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 483-7861 – View Map
- Mittelstadt Agency LLC
1701 K St – Lincoln, NE 68508 – (402) 434-3990 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Lincoln that can give you rate quotes.
- State Farm: Genny Noerrlinger
6710 L St #110 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 488-7855 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Earnest and Associates, Inc
4221 O St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 488-0955 – View Map
- Gale Breed – State Farm Insurance Agent
8421 Amber Hill Ct #1 – Lincoln, NE 68526 – (402) 483-2802 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency requires more thought than just the price. Any agent in Lincoln should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Best auto insurance company in Lincoln
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many choices there are in Nebraska. The information below can help you analyze which companies to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim and delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
More affordable insurance in Lincoln is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
How to buy discount Hummer H3 insurance in Lincoln
To save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest Hummer H3 insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers that insure vehicles in Lincoln.
- Get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as getting speeding tickets and a low credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new insurer. Make sure you put the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter identical coverages on each quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lincoln Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Uber Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Males in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)