If you want to save money, the best way to get more affordable Dodge Challenger insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies in Lincoln. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, read and learn about auto insurance and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as inattentive driving and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides additional tips to get cheaper coverage and earn a bigger discount.
- Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
A study showed that a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Lincoln drivers could pocket 30% a year, but they just don’t understand the amount of savings they would get if they just switched companies.
Compare free Lincoln Dodge Challenger insurance price quotes
Most of the larger companies make it easy to get price estimates on the web. Doing online price comparisons for Dodge Challenger insurance in Lincoln doesn’t take much effort as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, their rating system requests your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote based on these factors. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the cheapest insurance rates.
To save time and find out how much you’re overpaying now, check out the insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate your coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you will have a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Lincoln, NE. To get cheap car insurance in Lincoln, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Rates and information analytics
The table displayed below outlines different policy rates for Dodge Challenger models. Having a better understanding of how insurance policy premiums are established can help you make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter price quotes noticeably.
Don’t overlook these Dodge Challenger insurance discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that can help lower your rates. Most are applied when you get a quote, but some need to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% because newer models are generally safer.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Lincoln auto insurance quote.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Resident Student – College-age children who live away from home at college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Professional Memberships – Joining certain professional organizations may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Challenger insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the rates. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
If you are trying to find affordable Lincoln auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Lincoln. For a list of insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Nebraska, follow this link.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Nebraska is an important decision
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Lincoln, car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Challenger, it’s most likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge for a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
Third, insurance protects not only your Dodge but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $869 every year so you should quote rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Auto insurance agents can help
Some people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important particularly in Lincoln.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Types of car insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a local agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Lincoln can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know how they are different because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in Lincoln that can possibly get you free car insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Lincoln exclusive agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- How long has their agency been in business in Lincoln?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is the quote a firm price?
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers to your questions and cheaper Challenger insurance quotes, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles.