If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in Lincoln is to annually compare prices from providers in Nebraska. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that increase rates such as getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for more information to get affordable coverage and get bigger discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to analyze every insurance company. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who shop rates annually will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because there is a good probability of finding a lower-priced company. A recent car insurance study revealed that drivers who compared rates annually saved over $3,450 over four years compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance in Lincoln is your target objective, then knowing the best way to quote and compare insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
Our objective in writing this article is to let you in on how insurance works and also save some money in the process If you currently have insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using these tips. Comparison shoppers just have to learn the tricks to compare rate quotes using one simple form.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact almost all companies allow for online access to compare rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information like your job, your education level, distance driven, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. That rating information gets transmitted to multiple top-rated companies and they return cost estimate very quickly.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Nebraska. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Nebraska, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Lincoln, paying for car insurance is mandatory in Nebraska but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ion, almost every bank will force you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Saturn for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance protects both your Saturn Ion and your personal assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
What Impacts Saturn Ion Insurance Premiums?
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower rates.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
- Frequent claims increase premiums – Companies in Nebraska provide better rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Fewer miles means better premiums – The more you drive your Saturn each year the higher your rate. A lot of companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance coverage is showing the correct usage for each vehicle. Incorrect rating for your Ion can result in significantly higher rates.
- Pay more by driving carelessly – Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. Having a single moving violation can increase rates substantially. Drivers who have severe violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Vehicle features can affect prices – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
- Bundle policies with the same company – Many insurance companies give a discount to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to compare other Lincoln Ion insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Higher comp and collision deductibles are cheaper – Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be.
- Younger drivers pay more – Older people are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be inattentive when driving with friends so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Prices go up with performance – The type of car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a big difference in your rates. The best insurance prices tend to be for small economy passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Lower-cost Saturn Ion insurance quotes in Lincoln
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a slight reduction on a Lincoln car insurance quote.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will reduce your policy cost.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including education and occupation, pay-in-full, good driver, good student, and AAA membership discount.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including good student, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, multi-car, business and professional, distant student, and mature driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for driver training, federal employee, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Esurance offers discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, online quote, online shopper, renters, Switch & Save, and good driver.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, and drive less.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, student away at school, defensive driving training, good driver, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
When getting free Lincoln car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in your state.
Insurance agencies can help
Certain consumers still like to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Lincoln.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that provide free Lincoln car insurance quotes for your business. You never need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you want to buy insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they function. Insurance policy providers are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can handle insurance, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. Most also write with smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a small list of independent agents in Lincoln who can help you get competitive price quotes.
- Brokers Insurance
3325 A St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 434-0480 – View Map
- Independent Insurance Agents
8231 Northwoods Dr # B – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 476-2951 – View Map
- Ogden Insurance Agency, Inc.
8531 Lexington Ave #102a – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 466-5655 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Below are exclusive agencies in Lincoln that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Earnest and Associates, Inc
4221 O St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 488-0955 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance
916 N 70th St – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 488-5277 – View Map
- Shelter Insurance – Reed Devall
1419 N Cotner Blvd – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 464-9300 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation, delays in paying claims and even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When getting Lincoln car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Affordable Saturn Ion insurance in Lincoln can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lincoln Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lincoln Car Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lincoln Auto Insurance Quotes for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)