The preferred way to get the cheapest Ford Fusion insurance in Lincoln is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers in Nebraska.
- Try to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like inattentive driving and a substandard credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Consumers who get price comparisons will probably buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey discovered that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance is why you’re here, then learning a little about how to quote prices and compare cheaper coverage can save time and money.
Best companies for Ford Fusion insurance
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Nebraska. To buy cheap car insurance in Lincoln, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Rate information and statistics
The price information shown below outlines detailed analysis of rate quotes for Ford Fusion models. Having knowledge of how car insurance premiums are determined can help customers make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$324||$282||$16||$84||$884||$74|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$382||$282||$16||$84||$966||$81|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$440||$352||$20||$106||$1,120||$93|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$382||$282||$16||$84||$966||$81|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$382||$282||$16||$84||$966||$81|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$440||$282||$16||$84||$1,046||$87|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$440||$282||$16||$84||$1,046||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise rates significantly.
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Ford Fusion yearly insurance costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The chart below illustrates the difference between Ford Fusion insurance premiums with full coverage compared to only the Nebraska minimum liability coverage. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no set guideline that works best for making the decision to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Ford Fusion replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Companies offer many discounts on Ford Fusion insurance in Lincoln
Some providers do not list all possible discounts very well, so we break down both the well known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on auto insurance.
- E-sign Discounts – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the internet.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less as compared to bad drivers.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military can result in better premium rates.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The example below shows the difference between Ford Fusion premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, safe vehicle, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for homeowner, good student, multi-car, distant student, teen driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, good student, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- American Family may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, good student, mySafetyValet, good driver, air bags, bundled insurance, and Steer into Savings.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including business or organization, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and good student.
Double check with each company or agent the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in your state. For a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Nebraska, click here to view.
Local insurance agents
Some consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Lincoln who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to you. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Lincoln?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is there a local claims center in Lincoln?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they work. Agents in Lincoln are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know the differences because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Lincoln that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Below are independent insurance agents in Lincoln willing to provide comparison quotes.
One last thing to lower rates
When searching for low cost Lincoln car insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
You just learned some good ideas how you can compare Ford Fusion insurance car insurance rates in Lincoln. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the best car insurance rates are with an unexpected company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)