Want to learn a better way to compare more affordable Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Lincoln? Finding the cheapest insurance for a Kia Optima Hybrid in Nebraska could be an all-consuming task, but you can use our car insurance buying tips to make it easier.
There is a better way to find car insurance online and we’ll show you the proper way to price shop coverage for your Kia and obtain the cheapest rates from Lincoln insurance agents and online providers.
It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who shop around for cheaper price quotes are likely to buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent car insurance study discovered that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved as much as $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price for auto insurance in Lincoln is the reason you’re here, then having an understanding of the best ways to shop for car insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
You need to get comparison quotes at least once a year because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the lowest rates on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Lincoln at your last renewal you can probably find a better premium rate now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the tricks you need to know to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
How Your Optima Hybrid Insurance Rates are Determined
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although others are more obscure like where you live or your financial responsibility.
The items below are some of the items companies use to determine your prices.
Never go without car insurance – Letting your insurance expire can be a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage could result in a license revocation or jail time. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Nebraska department of motor vehicles.
Married people drive safer – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Insurance is expensive for teenage drivers – Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a young driver to your policy can be very expensive. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
Gender and insurance rates – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Females and males are in fender benders at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Young men ages 16 to 20 are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
Kia Optima Hybrid insurance loss data – Companies study historical loss data when setting premium costs. Models that the statistics show to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher premium rate.
The next table shows the historical loss data for Kia Optima Hybrid vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Optima Hybrid||143||115||116||139||158||151|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Lincoln, NE. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in Nebraska, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Kia vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Optima Hybrid in Lincoln, insuring your vehicle is required in Nebraska but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Optima Hybrid has a loan, almost all lenders will force you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Kia for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Kia Optima Hybrid and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $855 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower prices if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current Optima Hybrid insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find cheap Optima Hybrid insurance.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Driver Safety – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, good student, seat belt use, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for group or association, good student, anti-theft, multiple vehicles, and safe driver.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including early bird, bundled insurance, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, good student, and good driver.
- Esurance offers discounts including anti-theft, claim free, good driver, DriveSense, defensive driver, and Switch & Save.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, and online signing.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, driver’s education, accident-free, and multiple policy.
- AAA offers discounts for education and occupation, multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, and good driver.
If you are trying to find affordable Lincoln car insurance quotes, ask every company the best way to save money. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. To choose insurers that offer many of these discounts in Lincoln, click this link.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
Many drivers prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you can get cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And providing support for local insurance agents is important particularly in Lincoln.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Lincoln who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Shown below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Lincoln that can give you price quote information for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Lincoln.
- American Family Insurance – Ben Bolte Agency Inc
5815 S 58th St Ste A – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 441-4222 – View Map
- INSPRO Insurance
4000 Pine Lake Rd – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 483-4500 – View Map
- Ogden Insurance Agency, Inc.
8531 Lexington Ave #102a – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 466-5655 – View Map
- Solomon Halim – State Farm Insurance Agent
4007 S 48th St – Lincoln, NE 68506 – (402) 486-3839 – View Map
Picking an company requires more thought than just a low price. Any agent in Lincoln should be willing to answer these questions.
- How are they compensated?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Lincoln?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- What are good deductibles for a Kia Optima Hybrid?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Do the work, save more money
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We just presented many ideas to find cheaper Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Lincoln. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Lincoln car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Some insurance providers don’t offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agencies. Cheaper Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Lincoln can be bought on the web and also from your neighborhood Lincoln agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
Steps to saving money on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Lincoln
The most effective way to get more affordable Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Lincoln is to regularly compare quotes from insurers who sell insurance in Nebraska.
- Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as inattentive driving and a negative credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new coverage. Immediately place the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
One bit of advice is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lincoln Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)