It’s easy to assume that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who get price comparisons will probably buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved $3,450 over four years compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price on Volkswagen CC insurance is your intention, understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance coverage can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get low-cost Volkswagen CC insurance in Lincoln is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in Nebraska. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher rates like accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate in Lincoln. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Be sure to keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
Cheapest companies for Volkswagen CC insurance
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Nebraska. To buy the best cheap auto insurance in Lincoln, we suggest you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Volkswagen CC insurance statistics and information
The coverage information shown below covers estimates of insurance premium costs for Volkswagen CC models. Having insight into how rate quotes are formulated can be valuable when making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CC Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$250||$520||$390||$24||$116||$1,300||$108|
|CC Luxury 4-Dr Coupe||$250||$520||$390||$24||$116||$1,300||$108|
|CC VR6 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$280||$598||$390||$24||$116||$1,408||$117|
|CC VR6 Motion 4-Dr Coupe||$280||$598||$390||$24||$116||$1,408||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in Lincoln location which can revise insurance rates considerably.
Reckless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The chart below illustrates how violations and fender-benders impact Volkswagen CC premium costs for different ages of insureds. The information is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The example below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen CC insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no definitive rule for excluding physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Volkswagen CC book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting car insurance coverage on a new CC can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Lincoln and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and place coverage with the same company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper CC insurance.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags could see savings of 25 to 30%.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will help reduce your car insurance premiums.
The diagram below shows the difference between Volkswagen CC yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. Data assumes a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, student away at school, safe vehicle, accident-free, good student, driver’s education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- American Family may include discounts for TimeAway discount, good driver, defensive driver, bundled insurance, early bird, good student, and air bags.
- AAA offers discounts including anti-theft, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, good student, and multi-car.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, seat belt use, driver training, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, good student, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for type of vehicle, location of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, good driver, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include electronic funds transfer, switch companies, good student, business and professional, and multi-car.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
When getting free Lincoln car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Lincoln. To locate providers that offer the discounts shown above in Lincoln, click here to view.
Volkswagen CC Insurance Premium Factors
Many factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
Annual mileage impacts prices – The more you drive your Volkswagen each year the higher your rate. A lot of companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Make sure your auto insurance policy states the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your CC can cost quite a bit.
Safer vehicles mean better prices – Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates.
Deter theft and pay less – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
Lower prices with uninterrupted coverage – Not maintaining insurance can get you a ticket and companies may charge more for letting your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Nebraska department of motor vehicles.
Insure your auto and home with one company – Lots of insurance companies apply better rates to policyholders who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be 10 percent or more. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a chance you can save money even if you have your coverage with different companies
Defend yourself with liability coverage – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Loss probability for a Volkswagen CC – Companies factor in historical loss data to help calculate premium costs. Models that the data determines to have increased losses will be charged more to insure. The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Volkswagen CC vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volkswagen CC 2WD||132||99||119||99||108||103|
|Volkswagen CC 4WD||162||134|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When it comes to adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your car insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Who is covered when they drive my Volkswagen CC?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Nebraska minimum liability coverage?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
When should I talk to an insurance agency?
Many people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Lincoln who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an provider requires more thought than just the price. Any agent in Lincoln should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
Shop smart and save
You just read many ways to find affordable Volkswagen CC insurance in Lincoln. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Volkswagen CC rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company. Smaller companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Lower-priced Volkswagen CC insurance in Lincoln can be bought on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Lincoln car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through local independent agencies.
More detailed auto insurance information is available at these sites:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How Much are Lincoln Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)