Are you sick and tired of scraping nickels together to keep your car insured? Your situation is no different than many other drivers in Nebraska.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest price are very likely to switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding discount prices. A study discovered that people who regularly compared rates saved over $70 a month as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding discount rates on insurance in Lincoln is your objective, then knowing how to get price quotes and compare insurance rates can make shopping around easier. There is such a variety of insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, more options can take longer to find the best rates for your vehicles.
It is always a good idea to quote other rates yearly because auto insurance prices change frequently. Just because you found the best price on Audi TTS insurance in Lincoln a year ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
What Impacts Audi TTS Insurance Prices?
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but some are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
The items below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Avoid unnecessary add-on coverages – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- Low stress occupation equals lower rates – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations like judges, airline pilots, and emergency personnel tend to have the highest average rates in part from stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, careers such as actors, historians and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- How many coverages with the same company – Many insurance companies will award lower prices to buyers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to ten percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a chance you can find better rates by buying insurance from a different company.
- Miles driven impacts rates – Driving a lot of miles every year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. An improperly rated TTS may be costing you higher rates. Ask your agent if your insurance policy is showing the proper vehicle usage.
Audi TTS claim data – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help determine rates. Models that have higher loss trends will have higher rates. The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Audi TTS vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Audi TTS Models Specific Audi Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi TTS 2dr 4WD 141BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance policy discounts for Audi TTS insurance in Lincoln
Some insurers don’t necessarily list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their company to track their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, good student, seat belt use, military active duty, federal employee, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for paid-in-full, homeowner, anti-theft, multi-policy, Pac-12 alumni, online quote, and claim free.
- The Hartford has discounts for vehicle fuel type, bundle, anti-theft, defensive driver, driver training, good student, and air bag.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Savings may not be available in every state. To see a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in Nebraska, follow this link.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Lower-priced insurance in Lincoln is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not have rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
As you quote Lincoln auto insurance, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
We just presented many ways to get a better price on Audi TTS insurance in Lincoln. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
How to find affordable quotes for Audi TTS insurance in Lincoln
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get budget Audi TTS insurance in Lincoln is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who can sell car insurance in Nebraska. You can shop around by following these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause high rates like distracted driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for the new policy. Once the application is submitted, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
An important part of this process is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to compare every insurance company. This provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Other learning opportunities
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lincoln Car Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lincoln Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)