Tired of not being able to scrape enough together each month for car insurance? You have the same problem as many other Nebraska drivers.
It’s hard to fathom, but about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average car insurance premium being $1,440, Lincoln drivers could save an average of roughly $390 each year, but most just don’t grasp the rate savings if they bought a different policy. You have so many auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to get the best deal for BMW X1 insurance in Lincoln.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates periodically because car insurance prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on BMW X1 insurance in Lincoln a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we’re going to show you how to quote online to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
This information will familiarize you with the best methods to compare rates and how to save the most money. If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas presented in this article. You only need to know the fastest way to quote multiple rates online.
The method we recommend to get rate comparisons for BMW X1 insurance in Lincoln is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies allow for online access to provide you with a free rate quote. All you need to do is give them some information like how much you drive, whether or not you need a SR-22, your general credit rating, and if you have an active license. That rating information gets sent immediately to all major companies and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
To compare lower-cost BMW X1 insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Nebraska. In order to find cheap car insurance in Nebraska, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper Lincoln insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list the entire discount list very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your BMW could earn discounted insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used X1 is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on X1 insurance in Lincoln.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your overall premium however.
A partial list of companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above are:
Double check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to view insurers that offer discounts in Lincoln, click here.
Get Cheap Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in better auto insurance rates. Multiple criteria are considered when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
- Use credit responsibly and save – Having a bad credit history is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit can be improved, you could save money insuring your BMW X1 by improving your rating. People with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Where you call home – Having an address in less populated areas is a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Urban drivers have to deal with much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Where do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your BMW each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. A policy that improperly rates your X1 may be costing you. Ask your agent if your auto insurance coverage correctly shows the correct driver usage.
- Married people drive safer – Your spouse actually saves money on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
BMW X1 claim data – Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when setting premium prices. Models that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure. The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for BMW X1 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
BMW X1 Insurance Loss Statistics Specific BMW Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury BMW X1 4dr 2WD 99 86 113 90 95 87 BMW X1 4dr 4WD 103 96 120 73 69 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is especially important in Lincoln.
Once you complete this quick form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Lincoln who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to leave your house as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any agent in Lincoln should have no problem answering these questions:
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How are claims handled?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
Auto insurance savings summarized
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to compare BMW X1 insurance prices in Lincoln. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Low-cost BMW X1 insurance in Lincoln is attainable on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not have online quoting and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for BMW X1 insurance in Lincoln
It takes a little time, but the best way to get low-cost BMW X1 insurance is to compare prices annually from insurers who can sell car insurance in Lincoln.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations and a substandard credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on X1 insurance. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new insurer. Once coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is to compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lincoln Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)