It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest price are very likely to buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved on average $850 each year as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance in Lincoln is your objective, then having some knowledge of the best way to shop and compare insurance premiums can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Lincoln is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies in Nebraska. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like traffic violations and poor credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a completed application for the new policy. Immediately place your new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
An essential thing to point out is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Smart Consumers Can Lower Their Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
Annual mileage and car insurance costs – The higher the miles on your Dodge in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy is rated on annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your Ram may be wasting your money.
Remove unneeded add-on coverages – Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Insurance for personal injury protection, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Insurance is expensive for teen drivers – Drivers with little experience tend to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
The data below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Do females or males drive better? – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. They both cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but males get into accidents with more damage. Men also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Save by staying claim free – Car insurance companies in Nebraska give discounts to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Prevent theft and lower rates – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Single drivers take more risk – Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on your car insurance policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
Insurance rate breakdown
The premium table shown below highlights detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Dodge Ram models. Learning more about how insurance prices are figured can be useful when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$200||$314||$382||$22||$114||$1,032||$86|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$224||$382||$382||$22||$114||$1,124||$94|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$224||$382||$382||$22||$114||$1,124||$94|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$224||$382||$382||$22||$114||$1,124||$94|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$224||$382||$382||$22||$114||$1,124||$94|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$224||$382||$382||$22||$114||$1,124||$94|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$224||$382||$382||$22||$114||$1,124||$94|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$224||$382||$382||$22||$114||$1,124||$94|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$224||$382||$382||$22||$114||$1,124||$94|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$250||$450||$382||$22||$114||$1,218||$102|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$250||$450||$382||$22||$114||$1,218||$102|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$250||$450||$382||$22||$114||$1,218||$102|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$250||$450||$382||$22||$114||$1,218||$102|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$250||$450||$382||$22||$114||$1,218||$102|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$250||$450||$382||$22||$114||$1,218||$102|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$250||$450||$382||$22||$114||$1,218||$102|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$250||$450||$382||$22||$114||$1,218||$102|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$250||$450||$382||$22||$114||$1,218||$102|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$250||$518||$382||$22||$114||$1,286||$107|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$250||$518||$382||$22||$114||$1,286||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise insurance rates greatly.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims can increase Dodge Ram insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies provide a small discount shop Lincoln auto insurance on your computer.
- Early Signing – A few larger companies allow discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can help you save on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The example below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram insurance costs with and without policy discounts. Data assumes a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
If you would like to view providers that offer some of these discounts in Nebraska, follow this link.
We just covered some good ideas how to shop for Dodge Ram insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Lincoln is definitely available on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Lincoln auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed collision coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in the articles below:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)