It’s hard to believe, but the vast majority of insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Lincoln can save $390 each year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find cheap insurance rates.
The easiest way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from providers in Lincoln.
Step 1: Get an understanding of car insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a poor credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Click to view companies
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
If you currently have insurance, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using these methods. Buying the cheapest insurance in Lincoln is much easier if you have a good place to start. But Nebraska car owners need to learn how companies price online insurance because rates fluctuate considerably.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact almost all companies participate in online systems to give rate comparisons. The one thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as how your vehicles are used, the ages of drivers, daily mileage, and if your license is active. The rating information is sent automatically to many different companies and you receive quotes quickly.
To compare multiple company cheap Ford Freestyle insurance rates now, click here then complete the form.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Lincoln, NE. To locate the best cheap car insurance in Lincoln, NE, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Ford Freestyle insurance in Lincoln
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden ways to save on auto insurance. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles with the same auto insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for driver’s education, multiple policy, good student, defensive driving training, passive restraint, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, air bags, defensive driver, seat belt use, driver training, emergency military deployment, and anti-theft.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, and online signing.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, early bird, good student, theft prevention, and student driver.
- American Family may include discounts for Steer into Savings, early bird, air bags, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, accident-free, and good student.
- The Hartford has savings for vehicle fuel type, air bag, good student, driver training, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-policy, pay-in-full, good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
If you want affordable Ford Freestyle insurance quotes, ask each company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your state. If you would like to view auto insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Nebraska, follow this link.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Lincoln insurance agents?
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And providing support for small agencies is definitely important in Lincoln.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Lincoln who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no reason to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking a insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. Any good agent in Lincoln should know the answers to these questions.
- Are they full-time agents?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Auto insurance policy specifics
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the normal coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a broken windshield, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage and falling objects. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Freestyle from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Freestyle to bring the cost down.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Nebraska drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability coverages – This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things like repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid, attorney fees, pain and suffering and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible. Nebraska requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The next chart shows why the minimum limit may not be enough.
Insurance for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills such as nursing services, pain medications, ambulance fees and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Persistence pays off
When getting Lincoln auto insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More affordable auto insurance in Lincoln can be purchased both online and also from your neighborhood Lincoln agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Used Cars in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lincoln Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)