We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who compare rates once a year are likely to buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey revealed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved $70 a month compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Honda Clarity insurance is your objective, understanding the best way to quote and compare insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
If you want to save money, the best way to find lower priced Honda Clarity insurance in Lincoln is to regularly compare prices from insurers in Nebraska.
Step 1: Learn about policy coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as traffic violations and poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Lincoln. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new coverage. Immediately store the certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with as many different companies as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Buying affordable car insurance in Lincoln seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using these techniques. But Nebraska drivers benefit from understanding how insurance companies set your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
Five Things That Affect Your Insurance Costs
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your car insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most insurance companies will give a discount to insureds who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- High credit scores save money – An insured’s credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Therefore, if your credit history is low, you could save money insuring your Honda Clarity if you clean up your credit. Drivers with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores.
- Your occupation and car insurance rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs like doctors, air traffic controllers, and accountants tend to have higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Other occupations such as professors, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Discounts for alarm systems – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent auto theft.
- The type of vehicle you drive affects your rates – The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a big difference in your premium level. The lowest base rates are usually for smaller low performance passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
All the larger car insurance companies give insurance quotes direct online. Getting Honda Clarity insurance prices online is pretty easy as you just enter the coverages you want into the quote form. When complete, the quote system orders information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information based on these factors. The ability to get online price quotes for Honda Clarity insurance in Lincoln makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s very important to perform this step in order to get lower-cost rates.
To compare rates now, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate the coverages just like they are on your policy. This way, you’re receiving comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Nebraska. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in Lincoln, NE, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Clarity
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Lincoln, buying insurance is required by state law in Nebraska and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda Clarity has a lienholder, most banks will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Honda Clarity and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Nebraska is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise all discounts very well, so the list below contains both the well known and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to study driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Lincoln Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Lincoln can save you money because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Anti-theft System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- E-sign – A handful of larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having several vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Honda could earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Sign Early and Save – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of car insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-theft, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, federal employee, and air bags.
- Travelers has discounts for early quote, payment discounts, continuous insurance, multi-policy, driver training, and IntelliDrive.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and retired, driver training, renewal discount, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include hybrid vehicle, new graduate, multi-car, teen driver discount, and good student.
- American Family has savings for good student, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, good driver, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, and online signing.
When getting free Lincoln car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Nebraska, click here.
Local Lincoln car insurance agents and insurance
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is you may find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good provider requires more thought than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How many years have they been established?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How many companies do they write for?
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Lincoln that can give you rate quotes.
American Family Insurance – James L. Brown Agency Inc
4500 Cornhusker Hwy Ste 1 – Lincoln, NE 68504 – (402) 465-0748 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing insurance prices, we recommend you include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below are Lincoln independent agents that are able to give price quote information.
How to find a good Nebraska auto insurance company
Buying coverage from the best auto insurance provider is hard considering how many choices you have in Nebraska. The rank data shown below may help you decide which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Allstate – A+
- The General – A-
Top 10 Lincoln Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
Shop smart and save
We’ve covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Honda Clarity insurance in Lincoln. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More information is available at these links:
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Lincoln? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lincoln Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)